Cooling bq Pure Wings 2 92mm vs Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM

reifnotreef

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 10, 2019
Based on the numbers is seems like the Pure Wings 2 is better, lower noise and higher airflow/pressure.
I know this has been asked before but I'm hoping for a concise answer.

Would replacing the NF-A9x14 PWM with a Pure Wings 2 on my NH-L9a improve performance?
If nobody has tried specifically with the L9a I'll just buy a PW2 and test it out.

reifnotreef

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 10, 2019
Yea, I have the height support in the case I'm working with now... I think.
I did just bite the bullet and ordered a Black Ridge off OC.co.uk so I also have that to test with when it comes in.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Static pressure is not the limiting factor with such a small heatsink.

The stock fan is excellently paired to work with it. You would not get better performance switching to a different fan.

reifnotreef

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 10, 2019
The pressure and overall airflow are higher, so mathmatically I should see better temps. I know Noctua designs are pretty specific so the L9a might be designed to work best with their specific A9-14, fins/pipes etc.

Still looking for a SW2 but I'll be posting all kinds of temp results when I get my pure all assembled.

miklovin

Cable Smoosher
Jan 5, 2019
The pressure and overall airflow are higher, so mathmatically I should see better temps. I know Noctua designs are pretty specific so the L9a might be designed to work best with their specific A9-14, fins/pipes etc.

Still looking for a SW2 but I'll be posting all kinds of temp results when I get my pure all assembled.
How did this turn out?