News ASUS STRIX B350I GAMING

d10ng

Caliper Novice
Oct 3, 2017
M.2 on sata isn't that bad. I have a 960evo nvme waiting for this board but will get a second sata m.2 as it saves space and removes the need for a sata cable. Some sata m.2 are cheaper than their standard sata ssd.

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017
M.2 on sata isn't that bad. I have a 960evo nvme waiting for this board but will get a second sata m.2 as it saves space and removes the need for a sata cable. Some sata m.2 are cheaper than their standard sata ssd.
True. For games it doesn't really matter. But why then get a 960 Pro-series NVMe M.2 instead of a SATA M.2? Save quite a lot of money there. You essentially nerf your M.2 from 1400+ mbit/s to 600 mbit/s.

Reactions: Acalanata

oldnick

Chassis Packer
Jul 16, 2017
why i cant find this board in newegg or amazon ?

anyone know when it will be available ? i am planing to buy the parts on the black friday week

d10ng

Caliper Novice
Oct 3, 2017
CCL listed them both as in stock yesterday, but they lasted 30mins then out of stock. I got an email but by the time I got a chance to buy they'd gone.
They had the B350i at £154.17.

MPP

Cable Smoosher
Sep 11, 2017
I want to buy X370 version but i worry about PCH temp. I though that, heatsink is covered by M.2/Audio board. My suspicions were confirmed. Look at this temp... it's HUGE 62C it's not at load!

Mod EDIT: * URL snip snip * Only the picture is relevant here, not the sellers and prices ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Biowarejak

MPP

Cable Smoosher
Sep 11, 2017
Yes, i agree with that but in this case PCH cooling is very limited. PCH is covered by audio/m.2 board.
I think in this mainboard the situation is quite opposite than asrock X370/B350 itx.
Much cooler VRM but much warmer PCH.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017
From the review video's i've seen, worse case temps with this board do not hold back overclocks compared to the best ATX overclocking motherboards out there. That's good enough for me. I don't nitpick the little things as long as the end result is good.

EDIT: Found this: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B076PQ9P7Y

Looks like its for sale on the german amazon page.

Midiamp

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 15, 2017
michaeladhi.com
I want to buy X370 version but i worry about PCH temp. I though that, heatsink is covered by M.2/Audio board. My suspicions were confirmed. Look at this temp... it's HUGE 62C it's not at load!
I wouldn't worry about "suspect indicators" like the PCH temps. Maybe if it's low rent third tier brands, but for Asus? I wouldn't worry at all. I let go the notion of component temps since knowing the term acceptable operational temp, or the way it's designed. Pretty sure the engineers have done their math, and with ROG Strix being a premium brand, they wouldn't risk tarnishing the brand.

Also, downdraft downdraft downdraft. A moving air is always better than non moving air at all.

d10ng

Caliper Novice
Oct 3, 2017
If you search Google for PCH temps then a few Asus Rog threads to come up, and temps range between 30-60deg. I wouldn't worry about that. Anyway isn't it a given that most ITX components run warmer than ATX boards due to their size and the small cases we put them in.
I'll take a warm PCH over the VRM cookers on the gigabyte and lesser extent the asrock am4 boards.

Spire.co.uk are stating stock in on the 24th. Not signed up so not sure on their price.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Meh, Ryzen PCH doesn't do much anyway

For those in australia, scorptec and megabuy have them in stock.

Last edited:

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017
Still can't find it anywhere in the USA. One thing i noticed. The top M.2 slot is either sata or pci-e 3 4x. The bottom one can only be pci-e 2 4x. So if you want a fast nvme and a cheap sata, you have to put your nvme drive on the pci-e 2 slot on the back.

Mar 6, 2017
Still can't find it anywhere in the USA. One thing i noticed. The top M.2 slot is either sata or pci-e 3 4x. The bottom one can only be pci-e 2 4x. So if you want a fast nvme and a cheap sata, you have to put your nvme drive on the pci-e 2 slot on the back.

Tf? That's absurd. PCIe 2.0 x4 is 16Gb/s though, right? So it might still work for a 10G NIC. I wonder if a 7mm thin SATA to M.2 converter would fit underneath the board...