News ASUS STRIX B350I GAMING

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017
Just landed:
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-Strix-B350-I-Gaming/
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-Strix-X370-I-Gaming/

There seems to be no difference whatsoever other than the chipset... Pretty weird. Price difference should amount to at most 10% if that's the case...

So like the AsRock boards, the difference between these two mobos is only two things: Chipset (well duuh) and lack of "ESD Guards on LAN, Audio,and USB ports" (Sic!) on the B350 board. But the latter feels like a left out detail, or can Asus really be that dodgy to leave out something as important as ESD-protetcion on the "cheaper" mobo, even though it is still a premium model?

Then.... This I don't understand:

"
Storage
AMD Ryzen™ Processors :
1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)
AMD 7th Generation A-series/Athlon™ Processors :
1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA mode)
AMD X370 chipset :
4 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s)*1,
1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (PCIE 2.0 x4)"

Why can't there be 2x M.2 PCI-E 3x4 slots? Why does the second one only have to be Gen2x4? According to this image, there should be plenty of PCIE-lanes for 2x M.2 at Gen3x4 speeds:

Thestarkiller32

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Aug 13, 2017
the moment when you are ready to buy that shit.... and then your import CPU Cooler from South Korea is a old batch and has not the AM4 kit :mad:.... and then you go Intel with a i5 8400 for 238€..... and then Caseking.de sells a 8600K for 275€....

fuck live, fuck all... Thx Obama :thumb:

Vittra

Airflow Optimizer
May 11, 2015
As I've discerned from the Intel Z370 lineup and some Asus marketing material, it appears "ROG Strix" is a newly devised mainstream gaming lineup and isn't the same as actual ROG, which remain "top tier" in their product stack. For AMD that means "Crosshair" sits above this line, whereas for TR that is the "Zenith". For Intel, the ROG Strix lineup sits above the new "TUF Gaming" lineup, also changed from the previous "TUF" line, but it's below true ROG. Something like the Z370A-Prime now sits in a weird space where it's equivalent to the upper range of ROG Strix".

I believe with the above context, there's some better understanding on what these particular B350/X370 boards are, and why the layout of them are configured as such.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
So glad SOMEONE made an AM4 ITX board with no video out ports. The only thing i'm wondering is if the 8 Pin CPU connector is too far for NFC's SkyWire Cables. @Josh | NFC

1. Correct--the current 4+4 SkyWire cable is too short for this board.
  2. I will be changing it to fit this board, as I think it is the best compromise
  3. The CPU 4+4 from HDPLEX is the easiest in the set to route and hide in the wrap-around cover, so in the meantime that should be a good solution.
Thanks!!!