News ASUS STRIX B350I GAMING

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Well not really, second m.2 has shared bandwith with other pci port...it's due to limitations of pcie lines of ryzen cpu and x370.
That's a point, with memory training, that i expect amd to improve...especially as they proved to be master pcie bandwith with threadripper..:) (i loved 8 samsung 960pro in raid 0 directly managed by cpu...

The same, z270 chipset with 3 m.2 4xpcie 3 was just illusion...as there are only 4x pcie 3 lines available with dmi link

alamilla

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 11, 2016
Well not really, second m.2 has shared bandwith with other pci port...it's due to limitations of pcie lines of ryzen cpu and x370.
The specifications suggest it shares bandwidth with one of the pcie expansion slots that run in x8.
So only a concern if you intend on running a dual GPU configuration.

Reactions: Acalanata

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Well, now, i want all my m.2 slot connected to cpu like threadripper..:)
I don't want stuff through chipset and dmi..:)

Thestarkiller32

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Aug 13, 2017
Very nice but that cost better be worth it.

That was Worth it

gffermari

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 7, 2017
I think Impact VIII was the worst impact ever. It may have included a U.2 port but there was no m.2 port.
We, SFFers, try to reduce the size of the pc and eliminate the use of cables and extra devices like ssds/hdds etc.

On topic: Does it really have a second m.2 on the other side? Does anyone have a pic? I've searched but i did not find any.

quetzacoatlx

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 11, 2017
I think Impact VIII was the worst impact ever. It may have included a U.2 port but there was no m.2 port.
We, SFFers, try to reduce the size of the pc and eliminate the use of cables and extra devices like ssds/hdds etc.

On topic: Does it really have a second m.2 on the other side? Does anyone have a pic? I've searched but i did not find any.

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017

Thanks for finding this chart! However, I still dont understand the massive price premium of this board, especially not the B350 board, compared to the competition.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but would it not be nerfing to put a NVMe ssd into a PCIE 2.0 x4 slot? And since there is only one x16 slot on an ITX board, should there not be more than enough PCIE lanes for two pcie 3x4 M.2 slots?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Damn...m.2 are not all pcie 3.0 4x

Sure it will arrive on next gen. Icing of the cake would be connection of m.2 directly on cpu...:)

CircleTect

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Circle Studio
May 1, 2017
circlestudio.co
Neat, some of the industrial design elements are kind of fresh. Love the black audio ports, and clean layout. Still wish they wouldn't use those 'high performance jagged rock' design details on the heatsinks. Give us a minimalist understated masterpiece someone, please.

quetzacoatlx

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 11, 2017
Neat, some of the industrial design elements are kind of fresh. Love the black audio ports, and clean layout. Still wish they wouldn't use those 'high performance jagged rock' design details on the heatsinks. Give us a minimalist understated masterpiece someone, please.
Besides, how about the circle one project?

Reactions: Biowarejak

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Why is there no internal USB 3.1 front panel connector? I thought we were going to see this on all new high-end motherboards from Asus.

Last edited: