Motherboard ASUS B760M-BTF "no-wire" motherboard concept

RenG

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jul 17, 2016
What an awesome concept. All headers and connectors are on the back for a very clean looking build. I'm thinking this type would be perfect for sandwich style cases. Hopefully this get standardized so it will easily be adopted by case and other motherboard manufacturers.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
This is interesting, indeed. Until this becomes an industry standard, 2 potential hurdles need to be tackled.

1. According to this article (https://wccftech.com/asus-shows-off...thout-power-connectors-uses-proprietary-slot/), this BTF line is limited to China only.
(However, I suppose one can order one via Taobao or JD or Aliexpress)

2. Most current cases might not be able to provide the extra space needed underneath the mobo.
(However, I think a test bench can easily accommodate by using taller standoffs?)

And, to Asus's credit, that relocation of the power connector of the GPU from top to bottom seems a really smart move?

Related thread:-

RenG

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jul 17, 2016
True, even sandwich style cases needs to be changed a bit (wider clearance between mobo and gpu) to accommodate this. Slightly wider case but I think it would be worth it. If you use 90 degree connectors for all your cables I think the width increase won't be that much.