Motherboard Asus Pro H610T Thin ITX DDR4 SO-DIMM motherboard

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
If you're in the market for a compact Intel Alder Lake integrated graphics build, then this might be for you.

Asus Pro H610T ITX DDR4 SO-DIMM Motherboard Hits Retail This Week | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com)

These are the type of boards I normally work on for industrial PC builds.

If you're wondering what a Thin ITX motherboard is, it's one that supports a direct 19V DC input, so there's no need for a PicoPSU or other DC/ATX type power supply here. You can connect a 19V power brick directly to the motherboard via the rear barrel connector, or an internal AC/DC PSU to the internal header.

There's no PCIe slot and only support for 65W processors, so this would be for integrated graphics builds only, unless you get creative with the M.2 slot and use an adapter in that to connect a discrete graphics card, instead of an SSD.

This would likely work well in a case like the 3.3L NFC Skyreach 4 Tiny or a J-HACK Pure.

Last edited:

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
I have one of these and am almost finished with my build which will have an I5 12600T I am in the process of modding an HDPlex 160 watt PS shortening wires. sleeving, add GX20 power cable. Noctua NH-L9i-17xx. 32 GB ram. Hopefully, the Plex will not be too small in power. The case
is the Red version of this: Red Aluminum ITX case Actually a pretty well-built case, with a little modding. Mail-ordered my board from an online retailer in Germany.

Last edited:

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
I have one of these and am almost finished with my build which will have an I5 12600T I am in the process of modding an HDPlex 160 watt PS shortening wires. sleeving, add GX20 power cable. Noctua NH-L9i-17xx. 32 GB ram. Hopefully, the Plex will not be too small in power. The case
is the Red version of this: Red Aluminum ITX case Actually a pretty well-built case, with a little modding. Mail-ordered my board from an online retailer in Germany.

Sounds like a nice build. Certainly a lot more interesting than the Celeron and Pentium CPUs I normally get to pair these boards with in kiosks!

The case looks good too, and as any Ork will tell you, "Da red wunz go fasta!"

Post some pics here when you build it.

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
So guys here is the Asus H610t build completed, after numerous hours of troubleshooting an incorrectly Manufactured board architecture, IE the 19v pinouts on the Molex are reversed in the locations I finally got everything up and running. The little red beast has Win 11 Pro and Office 2021 Pro plus with 2 1 TB drives 1 NVME and 1 2.5" SSD. I have pics here with Geekbench of I5 12600T. Temp on NVME was a bit high so I added a Heatsink. 2.5" temp ok. Overall temps ok, but Case gets hot as it acts as a heatsink being aluminum.
Testbed finding pinouts with 400-watt HDplex

Mounted Hdplex 160 and yes NO Meanwell PS looks as good as any Plex!!! You pay for what you get!

HEATSINK ADDED:

Carbon fiber wrap on io plate: (Intel AX210 NGW wifi) GX 16 power cable homemade

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
That's a very nice little build. I do like the HDPlex PSU.

Not sure if, or how much it will help CPU temps, but it might be worth looking at the Noctua fan duct kit.

NA-FD1 (noctua.at)
Here are pics of Noctua fan duct, redone SSD power harness, added clip for USB 20 pin cable: (rechecked temps dropped about 3
to 4 degree Celsius, the heatsink on Nvme drop its temp slightly: (I am happy with it)

recklessk

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 25, 2022
If you're in the market for a compact Intel Alder Lake integrated graphics build, then this might be for you.

Asus Pro H610T ITX DDR4 SO-DIMM Motherboard Hits Retail This Week | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com)

These are the type of boards I normally work on for industrial PC builds.

If you're wondering what a Thin ITX motherboard is, it's one that supports a direct 19V DC input, so there's no need for a PicoPSU or other DC/ATX type power supply here. You can connect a 19V power brick directly to the motherboard via the rear barrel connector, or an internal AC/DC PSU to the internal header.

There's no PCIe slot and only support for 65W processors, so this would be for integrated graphics builds only, unless you get creative with the M.2 slot and use an adapter in that to connect a discrete graphics card, instead of an SSD.

This would likely work well in a case like the 3.3L NFC Skyreach 4 Tiny or a J-HACK Pure.
By chance do you know which 19V DC power brick you used? I am having an issue finding a power supply. I used a Dell 180W and the barrow connector did not fit. Then I bought an adapter for a small circle barrow connector and it did not fit. Any ideas would be appreciated.

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
By chance do you know which 19V DC power brick you used? I am having an issue finding a power supply. I used a Dell 180W and the barrow connector did not fit. Then I bought an adapter for a small circle barrow connector and it did not fit. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I think you'll need a 7.4 x 5mm DC jack on the power brick.

Maybe @DASBOOT can confirm the dimensions though.

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
I think you'll need a 7.4 x 5mm DC jack on the power brick.

Maybe @DASBOOT can confirm the dimensions though.
Asus uses a 5.5 mm outer diameter such as this: PWR+ or Gamefor OR IF YOU WISH a way smaller brick: Gan Charger Store. I just bought a compatible GAn PS from Ali for my Clevo which has a 330 watt that weighs like a CMU block and I am impressed with the weight and small size. The Clevo has a 9th gen I5 desktop processor and this laptop has a Prema unlocked bios and is quite heavy so the Gan PS is a great way to lower the overall transport weight albeit more costly but worth it.
Not all Thin ITX boards use 5.5mm some use 7.4mm outer and some have 6mm. The best way is to measure with a mic. (not plugged in, I might add, even if the outer barrel is ground!)

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexTSG

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
Just removed the Crap Intel retention clip for Thermalright Contact Frame. 3 to 4 deg C reduction in temp. Note the board was visibly bent with the original clip installed and tensioned. (I have a Kryonaut Contact frame as well have not tried it yet)
Processor with Noctua HS removed: Themalright retention clip installed; 3 to 4 degree C reduction in temps:

Bottom of heatsink removed before retention clip, thermal paste pattern:

Processor with retention clip removed, ready for trash can:

lemmo

Trash Compacter
Feb 17, 2017
Thanks DASBOOT,

Noting the issues with the internal 19V socket, the Intel CPU retention clip and, er, the lack of competition in consumer Alder Lake thin-ITX, how would you rate the board performance and build, and Asus customer service please?

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
Rating: Overall 7 out of 10. Only readily available 12 gen thin itx board. PCB is somewhat thin so bending is more possible. ALL 12th gen boards from every mfg!!! have the retention and bending issue. It would be nice if the Molex was wired right but most users will opt for a brick now that HDplex is defunct of 19V. No 2.5 ethernet. Excellent that it has built-in USB bent pin protection (20 pin internal) instead of shorting it just shuts off that USB port WITH SHORT. Would be nice if they had board support for older Intel heatsinks (using oblong holes as seen in some other boards.) No type E connector. Would be nice if audio jacks lit up as it makes it easier to connect in the dark, I guess I am asking for too much. No SPDIF. Performance is above average. The build of the board is not top-notch. Asus customer service was professional in response but totally lacking in basic information on this board in the US. Great HTPC board, other than the low-quality Intel chipset graphics that accompany ALL Intel APUs, it is just not in the same league as AMD's onboard CPU graphics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz and AlexTSG

jcried16

Case Bender
New User
Jul 11, 2022
I'm getting ready to do a htpc build with one of these boards. as soon as I get the board I'll measure the the external 19v connector to determine the barrel size. ilk take pics of the build. I'm going to use the silverstone milo 10 case.

jcried16

Case Bender
New User
Jul 11, 2022
i can confirm 5.5 x 2.5 is the correct size of the 19v external port. i'll post pics of my build in the build forum.

msystems

King of Cable Management
Apr 28, 2017
I'm interested in doing something with this. Apparently it has a header for powering a low voltage LCD panel, so it could be made into some kind of portable device.