Walderstorn

Average Stuffer
Apr 29, 2018
It's official

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty X470 Gaming-ITXac/index.asp

• Supports DDR4 3466+ (OC)
  • 1 PCIe 3.0 x16
  • Graphics Output: 1 HDMI, 1 DisplayPort
  • 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec), Supports Creative Sound Blaster™ Cinema 5
  • 4 SATA3, 1 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4)
  • 2 USB 3.1 Gen2 (Rear Type A+C), 4 USB 3.1 Gen1 (2 Front, 2 Rear), 4 USB 2.0 (2 Front, 1 Rear, 1 Fatal1ty Mouse Port)
  • Intel® Gigabit LAN
  • Intel® 2T2R Dual Band 802.11ac WiFi + BT 5.0 Module, 1 ASRock WiFi 2.4/5 GHz Antenna

Last edited:

Darthbaggins

Caliper Novice
Jun 3, 2018
hmmm. . . another mITX AM4 board to ponder, AMD has been enticing me to come back to the Red team but the Blue team keeps dragging me back lol

Maz

Cable Smoosher
Jun 17, 2018
Anybody bought this board yet?
I've got one. Not a ton that can be said about it - no trouble to assemble, board is well-labeled and looks good, booted up without fuss the first time and is working away happily right now. I'll take that! I'm not pushing it too aggressively yet on my stock-speed 2600X, so I can't say anything about its overclocking settings, though it did pick up the XMP info from my DDR4-3466 right away and set all timings appropriately.

Only thing I needed to tweak a little bit was the CPU fan curve (mine's air-cooled, Noctua NH-U9S in an NCASE), and even that was mostly automated. Default settings tended to audibly ramp up and down more than I liked. However, running the fan-tuning routine in the UEFI menus fixed that right up, and now it's silent under most conditions with no abrupt transitions.

TeutonJon78

Average Stuffer
Jun 7, 2018
Thanks for the info -- I'm planning a new build (my sad old Core2Duo is finally starting to show it's age), and I was debating between this board the Asus one.

Onimashou

Caliper Novice
Jun 19, 2018
I have the Samsung 49" Gaming Monitor (Overcompensating Much) on the other end of the spectrum, I have this Motherboard and a 2700x, this will be my first SFF build.Furthermore, I am in planning (when it's launched) to fit it in the DAN C3 case.

Last edited:

Aki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 9, 2016
If someone has this, could he/she post a picture of the VRM setup without heatsink? I wonder if they upgraded it, since the x470 model is i a lot more expensive than the x370 version and and that one only had an somewhat ok VRM.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network

Aki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 9, 2016
Thanks a lot for the fast answer. I can't quite read the part numbers of the components. Seems to be the same 3 phase they used on the x370, at least I don't see any doublers. Could you make a better picture of the parts I marked red.

Aki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 9, 2016
The first is Fairchild YH208P (can't find datasheet)

The second is an 95712 HRZ.

Thanks again for the fast answer.
Not sure about the mosfets as well, but on the x370 they used good quality parts, so I don't expect a down grade. But the controller is the same, so it's a 3+2 phase VRM again. To be honest, I'm a bit dissapointed by it, since this time its only around 15€ cheaper than the Asus x470i and that uses a good quality 6+1 phase setup.

Reactions: Soul_Est

flowerdealer

Minimal Tinkerer
Jun 22, 2018
I have this board, and I used to have the Asus x470 itx before returning it for a faulty m.2 slot. Your instinct is correct in that the Asus board is way nicer and has much better software. However, I've seen multiple reports of faulty m.2 slots on it, so make sure you test that. I'm happy with the Asrock, but if I was to do it again, I would exchange the faulty Asus for another one.

Walderstorn

Average Stuffer
Apr 29, 2018
I have this board, and I used to have the Asus x470 itx before returning it for a faulty m.2 slot. Your instinct is correct in that the Asus board is way nicer and has much better software. However, I've seen multiple reports of faulty m.2 slots on it, so make sure you test that. I'm happy with the Asrock, but if I was to do it again, I would exchange the faulty Asus for another one.

What exactly was the nature of the fault? Mine works perfectly (the front one, havent tried the back one). Just got curious. It's funny that you guys think that the Asus is better looking, i think its 2 "pimp" looking. I turned off all the rgbs and painted the shroud.

flowerdealer

Minimal Tinkerer
Jun 22, 2018
The front one wasn't working. It wasn't even visible in the BIOS as active. Tried 2 m.2 drives. Same drive worked fine on the Asrock. Didn't even try the back slot on the Asus, I was pissed with their support (they are horrible by the way), and just decided to return it and give my money to Asrock instead.

Walderstorn

Average Stuffer
Apr 29, 2018
The front one wasn't working. It wasn't even visible in the BIOS as active. Tried 2 m.2 drives. Same drive worked fine on the Asrock. Didn't even try the back slot on the Asus, I was pissed with their support (they are horrible by the way), and just decided to return it and give my money to Asrock instead.

Yeap thats bad, in that situation i would've done the same. I got pissed because i really wanted an ASrock this time and tbh i would've waited a couple of weeks until it was available if it was a little bit more to my liking. Asus just came first and thats the reason i bought mine.

flowerdealer

Minimal Tinkerer
Jun 22, 2018
Yeap thats bad, in that situation i would've done the same. I got pissed because i really wanted an ASrock this time and tbh i would've waited a couple of weeks until it was available if it was a little bit more to my liking. Asus just came first and thats the reason i bought mine.
I also got the Asus for the same reason.
https://www.amazon.com/ROG-Strix-X4...show_all_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews
If you see there are 3 people in the reviews here saying the have the same issue.