Motherboard B450 motherboard listed at Newegg

Bomb4st1c

Cable Smoosher
Mar 1, 2018
Maybe for another build. Ordered an Asus x470-I a few hours ago.

I do hope Asus, Gigabyte, MSI etc catch up soon .. Love to watch / read the reviews :D

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
The AsRock B450 has display port usb c and a better rear io all around IMO compared to the Asus B450i.

Asus has that sweet 2nd m.2 slot though and a weaker rear io.

Both compelling depending upon what you want. Flexibility in the AsRock and a better price or the bling and second m.2 spot in the Asus. The price on the Asus board is about 20 bucks too high I feel. The ATX B450 f is 129.
Small board tax!

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
I'm getting the ASRock to pair with my 2400G for sure.

Kinda regretting I didn't purchase it with the $25 off $119 on eBay the other day.

Reactions: TheHig

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
I'm just sharing some news. I actually dont know which one is better and without actual review. We won't know which is better.

It is 10 dollars cheaper in srp

carbonitetoast

Caliper Novice
Jun 16, 2017
Thanks for posting! Idon't see any compelling features on this over the ASRock B450, do you?

Check buildzoid's video where he talks about them:
According to him, at least, the MSI board appears to have better vcore and soc VRMs than either the ASUS or the ASRock.

Last edited:

MJVR1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2015
What disappoints is the mATX boards. They all kinda...suck. Cheap VRM's and no Intel NICs breaks the deal for me. They're aren't any X470 mATX boards either.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Couldn’t agree more. They are good enough for stock builds and minor tweaks but the AsRock TR4 board seems to be the only high end Zen board in matx . Obviously another level with thread ripper.

Still with a 2700x and 32gb ram even at stock cpu you could make a decent AM4 matx workstation.
But yes the selection is pretty weak overall.

Midiamp

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 15, 2017
michaeladhi.com
Check buildzoid's video where he talks about them:
According to him, at least, the MSI board appears to have better vcore and soc VRMs than either the ASUS or the ASRock.
Just watched the video today and wanted to post it here, thankfully I did a search first. Seems like Asus and Asrock mini ITX are both winners. I jumped the gun when I saw Asus ROG Strix X470-I listing on my local store, turns out it's out of stock. Really looking forward to replace my AB350.