Motherboard ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac and AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac

a13antichrist

Average Stuffer
Apr 20, 2018
Also found this: Post by User 'pg123' on a different board, posting something he found on Anandtech forums, posted by The Stilt:

Thát's a lotta quotes, now that I've quoted you on it too :D

I've updated to 4.60, and have had a couple of blue screens today reading "attempted execute of noexecute memory". Was on the L4.51A Beta before that, will check a few things first and might roll back to check if I still have it.

AV-Gurus

Caliper Novice
Nov 13, 2017
av-gurus.blogspot.hr
I have Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX and BIOS v3.10.
If want to update to v4.6 i must first put v3.60 or not?

One more question.
How low voltage can you put for CPU if @stock freq (def is about 1.235)?

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
I have Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX and BIOS v3.10.
If want to update to v4.6 i must first put v3.60 or not?

One more question.
How low voltage can you put for CPU if @stock freq (def is about 1.235)?

While it doesn't say you should, I did first update it to 3.60.

I'm happy with 4.60. System (especially memory) feels more stable than 3.40. Overclocking works just fine, and surely I recommend the AMD CBS approach which enables P0 overclocking. Memory overclocking works too, and first time ever in 4.XX series, DRAM (over)voltage sticks.

As for your second question, that really depends on your CPU, so you have to experiment.

Reactions: AV-Gurus

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 15, 2016
So just to update my older posts regarding my ram speed issues, I re-seated my ram (G.Skill F4-3200C16-8GTZB) which got rid of the random ghost restarts upon powering on my machine, however I still couldn't get it to boot over 2133mhz.

I bought a new kit with one of the eBay coupon codes (-16GTZB) because it was on the QVL, whereas the old one wasn't. I mixed the ram sticks up when I was tearing down my PC(didn't check the labels for part numbers), and instead of installing the new kit, reinstalled the old one XD.
Fired up my machine into the BIOS, where I turned on the XMP profile for 3200MHz, and it booted to windows no problem. CPU-Z is showing me ~1596MHz, so 3200.

I'm confused, but whatever, it runs at 3200MHz now. I'm going to check if the new kit will also boot to 3200MHz, since ASrock's website shows 2933. Maybe I'll return it, or sell it locally to pass the money I saved on it to someone else.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Mind you that "booting into Windows" doesn't mean it's stable at that speed. I'm also able to boot my kit (DDR4-3200 CL16) at DDR4-3200 but it's not stable.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
So just to update my older posts regarding my ram speed issues, I re-seated my ram (G.Skill F4-3200C16-8GTZB) which got rid of the random ghost restarts upon powering on my machine, however I still couldn't get it to boot over 2133mhz.

I bought a new kit with one of the eBay coupon codes (-16GTZB) because it was on the QVL, whereas the old one wasn't. I mixed the ram sticks up when I was tearing down my PC(didn't check the labels for part numbers), and instead of installing the new kit, reinstalled the old one XD.
Fired up my machine into the BIOS, where I turned on the XMP profile for 3200MHz, and it booted to windows no problem. CPU-Z is showing me ~1596MHz, so 3200.

I'm confused, but whatever, it runs at 3200MHz now. I'm going to check if the new kit will also boot to 3200MHz, since ASrock's website shows 2933. Maybe I'll return it, or sell it locally to pass the money I saved on it to someone else.

Mind you that "booting into Windows" doesn't mean it's stable at that speed. I'm also able to boot my kit (DDR4-3200 CL16) at DDR4-3200 but it's not stable.
Well, on which platform are you putting your ram?

Also, it could be also possible that one of the ram stick is faulty. Memtest64 could be helpful.

r1lee

What's an ITX?
Jun 16, 2018
Hi all,
Looking at the Asrock AB350 gaming itx board. Does anyone know if the two HDMI ports will drive 2 3840x1600 displays at 60hz? I know some of you have stated it does 4K at 60 on 1 display,

Midiamp

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 15, 2017
michaeladhi.com
Hi guys, just want to update my experience running 2700X on Asrock AB350 Gaming ITX.

TL;DR: anybody facing power and heat spikes with 2700X + AB350 Gaming ITX on idle, set your power scheme to power saver if on Windows 10.

On earlier post I mentioned about the erratic power consumption and heat generated by the processor on the board. I upgraded from 1700X and have not noticed power and heat spike which I encountered with the 2700X. So my idle power draw is around 60 Watts on 1700X and about the same with the 2700X. However I noticed on the 2700X my idle power consumption spikes every 5 seconds to 70 sometimes 80 Watts. The processor also generates heat about 10 degrees more following the power spike. I updates all AMD chipset driver and the motherboard BIOS but still has this power spike issue.

Just today, somehow I got an epiphany out of nowhere and switch my PC power scheme to power saver (Windows 10)... And holy mother the power spikes are totally gone and the 2700X idles like a sleeping kitten. My core temp on idle usually around low 40 degrees C with heat spikes about 10 degrees C about 5 seconds, now it idles on 35 degrees C. Total improvement. I always use AMD Ryzen balanced power scheme and turns out it's not balanced at all. Perhaps something in the B350 architecture that doesn't fully support Pinnacle Ridge power requirement. Funny enough, whenever I do gaming session (GTA Online or World Of Tanks), the system works just as intended, no power spikes, just smooth power delivery. Only on idle the power spikes occurred.

Since diving in the power setting is quite a task in Windows 10, I also downloaded PowerPlanSwitcher from Windows store that puts power scheme shortcut on the system tray. I'm happy with my PC now until I can get an ITX B450 motherboard... Still have to manually switch power scheme, but it will do for now.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Hi guys, just want to update my experience running 2700X on Asrock AB350 Gaming ITX.

TL;DR: anybody facing power and heat spikes with 2700X + AB350 Gaming ITX on idle, set your power scheme to power saver if on Windows 10.

On earlier post I mentioned about the erratic power consumption and heat generated by the processor on the board. I upgraded from 1700X and have not noticed power and heat spike which I encountered with the 2700X. So my idle power draw is around 60 Watts on 1700X and about the same with the 2700X. However I noticed on the 2700X my idle power consumption spikes every 5 seconds to 70 sometimes 80 Watts. The processor also generates heat about 10 degrees more following the power spike. I updates all AMD chipset driver and the motherboard BIOS but still has this power spike issue.

Just today, somehow I got an epiphany out of nowhere and switch my PC power scheme to power saver (Windows 10)... And holy mother the power spikes are totally gone and the 2700X idles like a sleeping kitten. My core temp on idle usually around low 40 degrees C with heat spikes about 10 degrees C about 5 seconds, now it idles on 35 degrees C. Total improvement. I always use AMD Ryzen balanced power scheme and turns out it's not balanced at all. Perhaps something in the B350 architecture that doesn't fully support Pinnacle Ridge power requirement. Funny enough, whenever I do gaming session (GTA Online or World Of Tanks), the system works just as intended, no power spikes, just smooth power delivery. Only on idle the power spikes occurred.

Since diving in the power setting is quite a task in Windows 10, I also downloaded PowerPlanSwitcher from Windows store that puts power scheme shortcut on the system tray. I'm happy with my PC now until I can get an ITX B450 motherboard... Still have to manually switch power scheme, but it will do for now.
Thanks for sharing your experience..:)

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
I was trying to find confirmation here, but if anyone can confirm for me, that would be awesome.

Can anyone here verify if the asrock b350 itx motherboard supports bifurcation for 2 gpus (2 x 1070s)? Or does it only work for dual gpus on the x370 version? Can't decide if I should get the x370 or the b350 version to save a few bucks.

Elerek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 17, 2017
I was trying to find confirmation here, but if anyone can confirm for me, that would be awesome.

Can anyone here verify if the asrock b350 itx motherboard supports bifurcation for 2 gpus (2 x 1070s)? Or does it only work for dual gpus on the x370 version? Can't decide if I should get the x370 or the b350 version to save a few bucks.

Pretty sure only the X series chipset supports sli. So yes, both cards will "work" with bifurcation, but you cannot sli them. So they will only work together in directX 12 games.

Elerek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 17, 2017
@Elerek Thanks. I should have specified though, i'm not going to sli, this is purely for gpu rendering in 3D software which doesnt use sli.
then yes, this board should work for you. The x and b boards from what I remember have the same bios and both have the options for bifurcation.

vinhom

Cable Smoosher
Dec 29, 2017
Would it be possible to run these ECC sticks with the motherboard?

ChinStrap

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2017
Official spec, depends on CPU choice. Unofficial spec, No clue.
https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITXac/index.us.asp#Specification
- AMD Ryzen series CPUs (Summit Ridge) support DDR4 3466+(OC) / 3200(OC) / 2933(OC) / 2667 / 2400 / 2133 ECC & non-ECC, un-buffered memory*
- AMD Ryzen series CPUs (Raven Ridge) support DDR4 3466+(OC)/3200(OC)/2933(OC)/2667/2400/2133 non-ECC, un-buffered memory*
- AMD 7th Gen A-Series APUs support DDR4 2400/2133 ECC & non-ECC, un-buffered memory*
- Max. capacity of system memory: 32GB**

Reactions: Phuncz and vinhom