Motherboard ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac and AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac

kenrico

Chassis Packer
Jul 7, 2017
Hey Kenny, if you don't like the X370 board can I buy it off you ? :)

Didn't mean to ignore you .. saw your post about SUPERBIIZ , so went back to seeing if this new hw would boot .

So far the budget friendly ram, seems to be playing nice with the budget friendly board with the budget friendly processor - so I may end up with the X370 as surplus. Ended up with a 1600X so the OC is not so critical and my concern is to keep 2933 ram speed solid .

Kenny

cmyk78

Master of Cramming
Jun 7, 2016
I don't know if the OP of this article frequents this forum but
https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comments/6m47ti/success_big_shuriken_2_fitted_to_an_am4_socket/

This changes things.
I have a Big Shuriken 2 and I think it might be possible to use the am4 mounting upgrade for the Dark Rock TF, seeing how their mounting hardware looks nearly identical.

On the top is the Shuriken's mounting hardware and the bottom is the Dark Rock TF's.
Unfortunately it looks like the only way to get the AM4 upgrade is to order it for free from BeQuiet.
This is the documentation for the upgrade.
Here is the order form for the upgrade.

Reactions: Phuncz

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
Man, I just woke up and found this email:

We wish to protect both of us from fraudulent transactions; we can only offer eBay and PayPal as payment for orders with overseas addresses, overseas IP or freight forwarder addresses.

If you have a PayPal account, there is one exception that would allow you to pay with PayPal. We could create a special eBay auction. This auction would be reserved just for you and if we were to do that, you would be able to pay with PayPal. We could copy this information from you current invoice if you would like. Please note that eBay will charge a small mark up for this special auction. Please let us know how you would like to proceed. Thank you.

So i replied:

Yes please, lets do that. Then i got a response:

Dear Customer,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we do not ship to any type of freight forwarding addresses or companies for security purposes. Due to your shipping address being a freight forwarding location, we will not be able to proceed with your order at this time.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Awww. That blows. Hopefully you can source the board somehow.

Fed Ex has mine in Indianapolis for two days now... Love the 3 day shipping which
Means that it will sit 120 miles away for the required number of days to make it 3 and you will like it! I used to get stuff from NewEgg in 2-3 days on free 7 day back in the day.

Last edited:

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
Newegg just got them in stock ... but also only shipping to U.S. address. Hopefully they don't knock me back !

Reactions: Hifihedgehog

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
Newegg just got them in stock ... but also only shipping to U.S. address. Hopefully they don't knock me back !
And it's out of stock again. :( EDIT: Are you sure it was even in stock? I was checking almost every half hour to hour and I never saw it. It may have been a browser caching error from your end that caused you to see that. I just contacted NewEgg support and everyone in support there asserts that the last time it was in stock was 7/7.

Last edited:

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
Yeah definitely not a caching issue on my end at least. I was also checking it every 30 mins the past few days and for a 60 min period or so it went In Stock.
That's when i ordered mine. After I ordered mine it was still in stock, so maybe not the last one i bought.
My order says its been updated to ship 12th July (today?)

Reactions: Hifihedgehog

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
Awww. That blows. Hopefully you can source the board somehow.

Fed Ex has mine in Indianapolis for two days now... Love the 3 day shipping which
Means that it will sit 120 miles away for the required number of days to make it 3 and you will like it! I used to get stuff from NewEgg in 2-3 days on free 7 day back in the day.
Honestly, I wish we could see what company is being used at the time for which shipping option. As many times as FedEx has screwed me over, I'd be willing to pay extra to NOT use them. I've made that same mistake myself where they pretty much hold an item if it arrives ahead of schedule after I paid to get it in a hurry.

The best I ever say though was OnTrac overnight a case that I took free shipping on and was told would be a week or two. With most stuff shipping from a warehouse in California, 6 hours from me, if it DOES take longer than a day or two, something's wrong.

Reactions: TheHig

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
And it's out of stock again. :( EDIT: Are you sure it was even in stock? ... I just contacted NewEgg support and everyone in support there asserts that the last time it was in stock was 7/7.

Newegg just charged my credit card and updated the order to "Packaging"
And the board is in stock again ...

VeeTeeF

Caliper Novice
May 12, 2016
Just got my in stock notification email about 10 minutes ago and ordered a B350 board immediately. It appears to still be in stock...

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
Just wondering, what makes you guys order this versus the Gigabyte one?
Reliability and performance. Really only ASUS and ASRock have been 100% rock solid and speedy over the 20 years I have built computers. I really don't have much good to say about MSI or Gigabyte as motherboard makers.

kenrico

Chassis Packer
Jul 7, 2017
Still in stock, just got one.

@JERRYHZE For me it's simply the board layout. This is going in an S4 Mini with two SSD's so the sata connectors are a no go.

I saw a couple of your videos over the last couple of days ..curious to see how you rate this compared to the BIOSTAR . You maybe the first to get a review posted on youtube .

Kenny

Last edited:
Reactions: Tek Everything

VeeTeeF

Caliper Novice
May 12, 2016
Ordered mine as well. Just wondering, what makes you guys order this versus the Gigabyte one?

I've had a few ASRock ITX boards and they've always been rock solid even with running my rig 24 hours a day. I've been burned by almost every other brand besides ASRock so I'm sticking with them.