Any sub 7 liter itx cases with SFX & GPU support?

Calvin

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 5, 2017
They seem rather scarce, everyone is opting for nano psu when entering sub 7 liter territory. The few out there lack expansion slots, I'll probably just end up modding one of those if I can't find any though.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
The DAN A4 is 7.2L and seems like a natural choice to me unless you're dead set on being under 7L. Other than that, there's no other option currently on the market. Firewolffy's case would also fit the bill, but is still in development last I checked. The L7Z would be the other case I'd look at (currently in production) if you don't mind an Acrylic case.

Calvin

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 5, 2017
Just checked out your suggestions, Firewolfy's definitely looks promising my ideal sfx case tbh. I might have to settle for the Dan A4 and switch over whenever the MI-6 comes out.

Reactions: cmyk78

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Yeah, depending on where you are the Dan A4 has already been shipped throughout Europe and should be leaving for North America this week. I'll be looking to sell two of mine when they arrive and there will likely be others doing the same.

Reactions: Calvin

Twinstar

Caliper Novice
Feb 27, 2017
They seem rather scarce, everyone is opting for nano psu when entering sub 7 liter territory. The few out there lack expansion slots, I'll probably just end up modding one of those if I can't find any though.
Why do you want a SFX Supply in the first place?

GentlemanShark

Asus RMA sucks
Marsupial Computing
Dec 22, 2016
Not quite, but 7.17L Lian-Li PC-Q20, http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-q20/

Restricted in it's cooling capability, max 60mm CPU cooler; in addition might need to open up the bottom like Lian-Li does on the slightly larger PC-Q21, and the GPU vent is only single slot.
For that case, I'd suggest the Reeven Brontes, it would be perfect as it is 59mm. Otherwise you could get the C7 and both would perform well.

Reactions: Calvin

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
I can totally understand that. :)

One thing though, maybe if you look at the brick as relocatable volume instead of 'guh it's a wart on the cable' you might end up more open t one? That's what I ended up doing, kind of.
I used to be super against bricks when I backed the A4 in the summer, but by ~october when Josh did a round of orders for the S4 my mind had changed.