Sub-6 Liter Case for Mini-ITX and SFX PSU

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Original poster
Oct 20, 2016
Good day all. I am looking for a sub-6 liter case for a Mini-ITX motherboard and Silverstone ST30SF PSU supporting an Intel G4400 w/ Cryorig C7 (47 mm height requirement). I do not use GPU video cards. The smallest cases I have found thus far are:

Silverstone ML06/ML06-E/ML05 @ 7L
Jonsbo V2 @ 6.8L
Realan E-W150 @ 6.75L
Lian-Li PC-Q12 @ 6.68L

Any recommendations?

Cheers and respects.

Last edited:

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
I can't think of very many cases that support an internal SFX/SFX-L/ATX power supply and don't have at least 1 slot for an expansion card. I will assume that you're looking for inexpensive. Could you work with an Antec ISK 100- or 300- series case? The first uses an external brick and the second has an included PSU. www.antec.com

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Original poster
Oct 20, 2016
I can't think of very many cases that support an internal SFX/SFX-L/ATX power supply and don't have at least 1 slot for an expansion card. I will assume that you're looking for inexpensive. Could you work with an Antec ISK 100- or 300- series case? The first uses an external brick and the second has an included PSU. www.antec.com

Really appreciate the reply. Yeah, I know that is a tough order to fill! My budget is up to USD 250 especially if under 6 liters. I am really wanting SFX PSU compatibilitythough as I really like my Silverstone ST30SF however if unsuccessful the Antec ISK110 is my Plan B as it does fit my Cryorig C7 cooler. Hoping I will stumble across something though that fits the bill!

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
The ML05 and ML06 are good choices, they work really well with the ST30SF with their topside ventilation above the PSU, if you get the v1 PSU the fan never comes on when using a 65w TDP if you have sufficient case airflow.

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Original poster
Oct 20, 2016
I have now decided to drop the SFX PSU requirement as it appears I can't get sub 6 liters with it... :-( I love my Silverstone ST30SF PSU but I need a smaller case. Pretty much decided on the Antec ISK 110 (or the Inwin Chopin as a backup).

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I love the InWin Chop in, but for some reason there has been no stock of it in the UK for quite a few months now. There seemed to be an initial stock when it launched, it dried up and was never replenished.

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Original poster
Oct 20, 2016
Same here... very slim pickings indeed. Waiting to hear back from Inwin Taiwan / Thailand about special ordering but I think I have stumbled across an Antec ISK 110 via ilovelampshade... so keeping my fingers crossed for that as I definitely know that my Cryorig C7 will fit in there!

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Damn, the whole EU seems to be running dry of Chopins. Silver version is only listed for five shops, available stock in only one of them. Same situation for the Black version. It does look like caseking has ordered and is expecting new stock to arrive on 2016-11-11, so maybe there's just a bottleneck at the moment.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
What seems more plausible is that they're having supply issues with the custom PSU. But hey, maybe they just underestimated how well it would sell.

TheDreamingMonk

Average Stuffer
Sep 17, 2016
New supply of InWin Chopin ( Black ) hit Newegg for the US a couple days ago after quite a bit of time being sold out. So it may be coming back in stock elsewhere too.

Reactions: Phuncz