Log Another Dual Radiator NCase Build; Stuck on fittings...

Jonnywhoop

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Aug 9, 2020
Hey everyone. So I have a hook at EKWB for parts but I need to place the order all at once. Originally I wanted to get the blocks first then work out the fittings but that wont be the case. Here are my questions:

1) Bottom mounted radiator: I want to get an extender for the bottom radiator fittings so that it will clear the 15mm Noctua fans AND clear the top of the GPU waterblock so I can put a 90 degree elbow directly to the GPU block. How many mm extender do I need?

2) The side mounted radiator, I was going to do 28mm extenders wiht a 90 degree elbow and Koolance QD3's. Will I have clearance issues between the noctua 25mm and the PSU?

3) CPU block: I was going to get a 30mm extender to clear the ram and a 90degree elbow to work its way to side radiator fitting in question 2. Will this extender be long enough?

4) is a 13mm/10mm EPDM tubing good enough? or is a 16mm necessary? will 16mm even clear?

5) Please have a look at my tentative fitment setup below. I would appreciate any help before I place an order.

Thanks guys.. I appreciate any help.

_____________________________________-

Ryzen 3700X
Nvidia RTX 2070S
Asus Rog Strix 550i Motherboard
Vengeance LPX Ram 3200hz 2x16gb

NCase M1

WaterCooling Items:

EK-Quantum Vector RTX RE Ti D-RGB - 2070 Super WaterBlock
EK-Quantum Velocity AMD - Ryzen 3700x / Asus B550i Mobo
Iceman Reservoir / EK DDC 3.2 PWM Pump
Bottom Mounted: XSPC Slim Radiator / 2 x Noctua NF-A12x15
Side Mounted: XSPC Slim Radiator / 2 x Noctua NF-A12x25
Tubing:
EPDM ID 3/8 x 1/2 OD (13/10mm)
Quick Disconnect: Koolance QD3 MALE / Koolance QD3 FEMALE

Loop Configuration

Res/Pump > GPU > Bottom Radiator > Side Radiator > CPU > Res/Pump

Loop Configuration in Detail

Iceman Reservoir / EK DDC 3.2 PWM Pump:
IN(From CPU): 1 x Rotary 45 degree /// 1 x EK-Quantum Torque STC 10/13
OUT(To GPU) 1 x EK-Quantum Torque STC 10/13 Out

>>>

EK 2070 Super Water Block:
IN(From CPU) - 1 x Rotary 90 degree /// 1 x STC 10/13
OUT(To Bottom Radiator) - 1 x Rotary 90 degree /// 1 x STC 10/13

>>>

Bottom Radiator:
IN(From GPU) - 1 x EK-AF Extender 20mm (To clear fans which are 15mm) /// 1 x Rotary 90 Degree /// 1 x STC 10/13
OUT(To Side Radiator) - 1 x EK-AF Extender 20mm /// 1 x Rotary 90 Degree /// 1 x STC 10/13 /// Koolance QD3 Male

>>>

Side Radiator:
IN(From Bottom Radiator): 1x KoolLance QD3 Female 1 / 1 x STC 10/13 / 1 x Rotary 90 / EK-AF Extender 28mm (To clear fans which are 25mm) / 1 x Rotary 90 /
OUT(To CPU): 1 x EK-AF Extender 28mm / 1 x Rotary 90 / 1 x STC 10/13 / 1 x Koolance QD3 Male

>>>

CPU:
IN(From Side Radiator) : 1 x Koolance QD3 Female /// 1 x Rotary 90 /// 1 x EK-AF 30mm Extender (To Clear ram)
OUT(To Res/Pump): 1 x rotary 45 /// 1 x STC 10/13

r3load3d

Cable Smoosher
Jan 13, 2020
I'm planning a similar build with similar components. Most of my parts haven't arrived yet so I can't comment on fittings and such too much, however I can say that with the fittings I'll be using at least (EK Classic 10/16mm & EK-AF), a 20mm extender plus 90 deg fitting will clear the 25mm fans on the side radiator with a couple of mm to spare. Whether a 20mm extender and 90 deg will clear the 15mm fan and GPU at the bottom I'm not sure about (also depends on if you put the fans above the radiator or vice versa). The 28mm extender for the bottom radiator might be safer.

I also don't think you'll need a 30mm extender plus 90 deg fitting on your CPU block to clear your RAM. You may not need any extender at all, especially if you go with a 45 degree fitting instead. If you want a straight tube run between the side radiator and CPU block though, the 30mm extender should allow for that.

I have read that the Vector RTX GPU blocks are too wide and will interfere with the side panel. You might be better off with the Classic series blocks.

Personally, I would also consider at least a 30mm or so radiator for the side for the increased cooling performance (not that you'll necessarily need it). Should be plenty of room, I've seen builds with up to 45mm thick radiators with 25mm fans.

Again, I haven't actually put my build together yet so the above is just my thoughts based on what I've seen in other builds/comments.

Jonnywhoop

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Aug 9, 2020
^ thanks for your thoughts. Ive been using a lot of other builds and photos to guess the fitting sizes and what not, but its definitely tough.

Good point about the Vector RTX blocks being too big. Ill try and confirm that from other build journals.

I've already purchased the XSPC TX240 which was a bi*ch to source. I have all the components besides the case itself and the waterlooping stuff. If the case was already here I'd be in a way better position but i still have yet to receive the tracking number.

Regardless, I will keep you updated on the fitting sizes to help you out as well once things start rolling out over the next two weeks.

r3load3d

Cable Smoosher
Jan 13, 2020
Thanks, but I've (hopefully) already got all the fittings I'll need. Just waiting on the Iceman reservoir and a Barrow GPU block from AliExpress. Definitely keen to see some photos when you get your build up and running though.