Advice Custom Loop sanity check Sliger SM570 build

KingJellyBelly

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 29, 2020
New to wc and want to sanity check my loop plan. I am building a new rig in a sliger sm570 with the following:
- Ryzen 3900x
- EVGA Hydro Copper 2080 Super
- Asus Rog B550i
- Sabrent Rocket 1TB
- G. Skill Ripjaws 2x16
- EK xtop DDC 3.2
- Corsair SF750
- 4x Noctua NF-A12x15 chromax

Fittings are TBD, but it looks like I will need the following:
- 6x 90 deg
- 1 low profile 90 deg, i have read that Koolance is the lowest profile 90 deg (this is to connect the res to pump as clearance is < 25mm)
- 1 1/4" male to female connector (it doesn't look like the Koolance LP has a male end to screw in)
- 6x straight compression fittings

I am going to use 3/8 x 5/8 soft tubing for this build as well as XSPC TX240 rads (which are out of stock everywhere, but i will wait because they are the only rads that will fit in the bottom of the case)

Does this loop set up make sense? All comments/suggestions are welcome.

Reactions: brosephStalin

August

SFF Lingo Aficionado
SFFn Staff
Silver Supporter
Jun 19, 2019
gusmiller.com
Unfortunately, I don't think there's space for a fan below the vertical PCI bracket on the bottom radiator. One may fit below the PSU in the front half, but I think the 25mm clearance is pretty much "non-negotiable," in the rear of the case (without modification).

If you opted for the solid side panels, you could probably get a pretty good wind-tunnel effect going to mitigate the lack of fan on half that radiator. FWIW, the TX240 is super dense, and I doubt you'd even need the second radiator—but I understand it from the perspective of novelty/fun! ?

KingJellyBelly

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 29, 2020
Sorry folks for the late update. I did eventually get everything to fit (with the exception of the 2nd radiator)

I went the following:

Sliger 560
EK block
EK compression fittings
3/8x5/8 black tubing
EK DDC 3.2 pump
AlphaCool 100ml tube reservoir
1x low profile 90 deg (clearance between top of pump and bottom of PSU)
BP RED extension + drain valve

Components were unchanged:
Rog STRIX B550-i
AMD 3900x
G.Skill 32Gb
Sabrent 1TB main
Sabrent 2TB storage
EVGA 2080 Super Hydro Copper

Completed build was fun and painful at times, but I am pretty pleased at how my 1st build turned out. The toughest part was the compression fitting from the pump to the CPU block as the PSlate wires are literally jammed up against the fitting. It took a lot of patience, as well as some pretty small hands to get it secured correctly. Overall though, I was really trying to make it look as clean as possible.

Thank everyone who assisted with all of my noob questions. I am enjoying this build everyday now that most of my time is stuck in a WFH situation.

*Caveat*:
Had 1 major issue. I went away for about 3 weeks and when I came back, the pump did not start. After trying everything I could think of, I finally pulled the rig apart and disassembled the pump. It was 'frozen' with some gunk on it. A quick twist of the motor and a good cleaning, It is back in operation.