Power Supply Aliexpress direct plug and ac-dc redundant psu combo

Hungrythundr

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Apr 7, 2021
I found an redundant psu and pico direct plug combo unit on aliexpress which I found pretty interesting.
This could make some pretty sick brick less builds like petricors s4m but without all the concern and hassle of frying your components considering it works as advertised.

• Love
Reactions: paulesko

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I found an redundant psu and pico direct plug combo unit on aliexpress which I found pretty interesting.
This could make some pretty sick brick less builds like petricors s4m but without all the concern and hassle of frying your components considering it works as advertised.

I had tested that one a while ago and I would be careful if you are planning to use it for a build with more than 200W.
  • The cables and DC input connector they use are not suitable to run it at 400W
  • The mosfets they use to switch the 12V rail are crap - the 12V rail voltage will drop below 10V under full load
  • It will get very hot if you run it under full load
  • Another, similar "400W" plugin from aliexpress actually fried my GPU
Just my 2C but based on my personal experience with those cheap plugins I would stick with G-Unique or HDplex - at least for high wattage DC-ATX units.

Hungrythundr

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Apr 7, 2021
I had tested that one a while ago and I would be careful if you are planning to use it for a build with more than 200W.
  • The cables and DC input connector they use are not suitable to run it at 400W
  • The mosfets they use to switch the 12V rail are crap - the 12V rail voltage will drop below 10V under full load
  • It will get very hot if you run it under full load
  • Another, similar "400W" plugin from aliexpress actually fried my GPU
Just my 2C but based on my personal experience with those cheap plugins I would stick with G-Unique or HDplex - at least for high wattage DC-ATX units.
Ok thanks. A quick question about the gxr one 600 watt plugin. When is that gonna be available again?

Reactions: paulesko

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
A quick question about the gxr one 600 watt plugin. When is that gonna be available again?

Not sure. G-Unique is a busy man and since all of his products are hand made, lead times are long.

edit: If someone is interested, I've put my last GxR-ONE up for sale in the trade section

Last edited: