Enclosure Looking for a very particular case, but does it exist?

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Nov 13, 2020
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a very particular case, but so far, even with several days worth of checking the 'SFF Master List' spreadsheet (and getting lost in taobao), I have not found a case that is spot on. Alright, you picky bastard, so what are you looking for then?

Case needs to have:
- SFX-psu mount up top.
- Below the SFX-PSU is room for an ITX motherboard in a classic configuration (so allowing for +- 130 mm of cooler height or more)
- Space for a 3-slot gpu to click into the pci-e 16 slot of the motherboard. No riser cards, no sandwich style. Allows for gpu's up to 235 mm long (Aiming for the 230mm long MSI 3070 twin fan)
- Below the gpu should be enough room to fit slim 140 or 120mm fans.
- Case with sufficient airflow

I've found several cases that are 95% of the way there. Hoping someone in this network can help me find a 100% match.

First of: JONSBO U1 PLUS. Very close, but:
(1) The U1+ only allows gpu's of about 215mm's to fit. But I'm looking for something that can take 235-240 mm
(2) The U1+ only allows cards that are 2-slots high. Ideally, it would be a 3-slot space (and then some) to make it possible to fit the gpu and have some extra clearance below it to fit a 140mm or 2x120mm slim fans.
(3) Airflow isn't the best: only small inlets on the side and 140mm hole in the bottom.

Second: JONSBO U3. As far as layout goes, it has enough room for a 240 mm long gpu and space below it. But:
(1) To much wasted space: too tall, too wide, too long
(2) Very bad airflow

Third: random aliexpress case: Checks most boxes layout wise. Looks like it'll have at least decent airflow (there's even a full front mesh version). But:
(1) To much wasted space: fits an ATX psu, could be shorter, thinner and less long.

Going by these cases, the ideal size seems to somewhere around:
140-160 mm wide, 350-360 mm high and about 250 cm deep.

Does such a case exist? Have you ever seen something like this? And would you be willing to guide me in the right direction and be forever in my debt? (figurativly speaking)

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Mechanic Master's C24 should be the closest case fitting your needs.
-155mm wide, 249mm high, 249mm wide
-classic layout, no riser cable
-245mm display card
-130mm CPU cooler clearance (Thermalright Silver Arrow 130 fits OK)
-good ventilation (1x90 rear fan, 2x80 top fans)
-It fits 3-slot GPU. If you use MSI 3070 Twin Fan (which is 2-slot), then you can fit two 80x25mm fans under

-handle can be removed (if it is not needed)
-other options to improve ventilation further (eg vented side Al panel, front vented panel)

Check out the 3 sample builds mentioned in the product link.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bakaban

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Nov 13, 2020
The C24 does seem to fit the bill. Wonderful! Unfortunatly I have zero experience with superbuy or taobao to actually get the case shipped to Belgium.

Is there a (EU-available) alternative to this C24?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
The C24 does seem to fit the bill. Wonderful! Unfortunatly I have zero experience with superbuy or taobao to actually get the case shipped to Belgium.

Is there a (EU-available) alternative to this C24?
Though I have zero experience with Superbuy myself, it seems many members here have used its service and it does not look complicated. Maybe you ask around. I am sure someone in Europe can help you.

Alternatively, you might try ebuy7. Looks like it is designed to help out international buyers regarding Taobao and JD.com