AiO Water Cooler or Air Cooling for small build.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Ah, good to know! I didnt know how much space I had from the motherboard to the front panel. I was just looking at the Linus Tech video and estimated.

Then it looks like the best choice is the Corsair H75 so far.
The Deepcool 120 may not be suitable because of the tube coming up from the cpu block, I really dont know how much space I got between the motherboard and PSU.

I have built scores of systems in the SG-13. I have used a ton AIOs for them and I admit they probably are the best use case for the build. But after ripping out tons of failed units I just went with air coolers and my last sale was like 20 to a gaming center and the temps were not that far off. Using an air cooler in that case lets you use a nice fan for the front which brings in cooler air over the ram and CPU.

My 2c

Reactions: Biowarejak

Robb1

Chassis Packer
Original poster
May 29, 2017
I have built scores of systems in the SG-13. I have used a ton AIOs for them and I admit they probably are the best use case for the build. But after ripping out tons of failed units I just went with air coolers and my last sale was like 20 to a gaming center and the temps were not that far off. Using an air cooler in that case lets you use a nice fan for the front which brings in cooler air over the ram and CPU.

My 2c

I believe you man! Its just that I have a Fractal Design Define now, with two fans in front and one bottom as intake, and two in the top and one back as exhaust, included the EVO 212X, and during gaming I get like 60-65 celsius. I cant imagine how it will be in this little case with limited airflow.. But then again, I know nothing about this. This is my first sff build so....

Also, I dont use my computer THAT much, and I live in Norway which has the best customer rights that exist, so I`m not afraid of units not working, since I will manage without my computer for a while and I`m not concerned of not getting my money back or a new product.

Thanks for info!

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
I believe you man! Its just that I have a Fractal Design Define now, with two fans in front and one bottom as intake, and two in the top and one back as exhaust, included the EVO 212X, and during gaming I get like 60-65 celsius. I cant imagine how it will be in this little case with limited airflow.. But then again, I know nothing about this. This is my first sff build so....

Also, I dont use my computer THAT much, and I live in Norway which has the best customer rights that exist, so I`m not afraid of units not working, since I will manage without my computer for a while and I`m not concerned of not getting my money back or a new product.

Thanks for info!

Oh, I wasn't arguing...sorry if I came off that way. Just sharing experiences is all. Peace to you and best luck with your build!!!!

Robb1

Chassis Packer
Original poster
May 29, 2017
Oh, I wasn't arguing...sorry if I came off that way. Just sharing experiences is all. Peace to you and best luck with your build!!!!

Yeah, no, I didnt think you where arguing! I`m appreciating every experience and every insight on this as I can get! :D

Homerlovesbeer

Chassis Packer
Aug 2, 2017
Wow guys/gals, thanks for all information! I will not go for the EK version either way, so that does not affect me.

Back to my problem: Which AiO cooler has the best tubes for this build? I`ve heard deepcool have god and flexible tubes, but someone mentioned here that they are some what long? Could someone suggest an AiO cooler for this build?

I`m surely going with a SFX, like the Corsair SF450.

I've just built my SG13 and used a Corsair H75 with 2 fans in a push/pull config and my Ryzen 1600 build.

No problems fitting and I've overclocked my 1600 to 3.95 Ghz and temps are nice and cool, nice and quiet.

drinkee

What's an ITX?
Dec 15, 2017

My 2c

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I'm building my first SFFPC with the SG13, and would prefer to use air coolers, would you mind recommending a air cooling setup that works well in this case? I currently have sg13 solid front cover + ryzen 1600 + zotac 1060 6gb amped + corsair sfx psu. Would a single 120mm fan in the front as intake be sufficient for some gaming with no OC? If so which one would you recommend from your experience?

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I'm building my first SFFPC with the SG13, and would prefer to use air coolers, would you mind recommending a air cooling setup that works well in this case? I currently have sg13 solid front cover + ryzen 1600 + zotac 1060 6gb amped + corsair sfx psu. Would a single 120mm fan in the front as intake be sufficient for some gaming with no OC? If so which one would you recommend from your experience?

You need a high static pressure fan for the SG13, especially since you got the super hot solid font panel version.

I have some favorites, but right now I think the winner goes to the Fractal Design Venturi HF-12 for having a nice tone, great STA, and being affordable. If you want the best, then pick up the EK Vardar.

I tend to use the intel stock coolers for the SG13 builds as they always end up being larger installs and I can replace the whole cooler and fan without tools after removing the top cover. For end users the Cryorig C7 is a decent choice. There might be better options for the SG13 but I like to give some room for air to actually move around and get out, so keep it low.

Kaiso

Caliper Novice
Oct 20, 2017
Resurrecting a dead thread that has some bearing on my upcoming build. I'm planning a SG-13, Strix B350-I, and RYZEN 7 1800x. Looking for current cooler recommendations either liquid or quiet air.