AIO cooler dimensions in Sugo SG13

PunchyFisty

Case Bender
Original poster
Aug 3, 2018
Hello there,

I just joined the community today after spectating for quite a while. I have a general fit question for AIO CPU coolers in the Silverstone Sugo SG13 WB-Q. Has anyone attempted putting the NZXT Kraken X42 or the Deepcool CAPTAIN 120EX in this case?

My concerns are-
- NZXT 140mm cooler may not fit in front of case with the mini Graphics card I have.
- NZXT cooler pump LED may not be very visible in this case since it is oriented upwards under a PSU
- Deepcool may not fit under SFX by a few millimeters, even with the offset ATX/SFX bracket.
willing to consider any mods to make either of these fit.

I have seen some great builds in this case ranging from blower cards, custom PSU brackets and full tower air coolers, complete watercooling circuits.. In my scenario, I am aiming for visual aesthetic over performance (I know.. its already older gen Ryzen and mediocre RAM speeds, but hey at least I have an M.2 on the way), trying to make my build very open. I have just recently installed a new 1080 GPU, replacing my previous and dated EVGA GTX 780. With the available space, I have noticed quite a bit of room in there so I have some Ensourced 250mm PSU cables and Backplate on the way to de-clutter the stiff cables that came with the Silverstone PSU. I have also vinyl wrapped a few items in white and replaced the case cover with 3 plexiglass panels and standoffs (for now) until I migrate to a prettier, equally small case that can fit all of these components and still have the clear panelling. I am currently a trigger happy dust blaster with these open panels and no filter screens but I am looking at some of the Parvum and GEEEK cases and weighing my options.

I currently have the following in this case-
ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 ITX + Ryzen 1600X
Noctua NH-L12S Cooler
Silverstone SX500-LG SFX PSU
Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) DDR4 2666
Zotac GTX 1080 Mini 8GB
1 x 120mm LED Fan
1 x 125GB HP SSD
1 x 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Thanks for reading, appreciate any advice or input.
I will post pictures on request

annasoh323

Master of Cramming
Apr 4, 2018
Like you mentioned, I was under the impression that a 140mm setup would interfere with anything but the miniest of cards. I know the Zotac is a bit longer than the offerings from MSI or Gigabyte. I helped my sister build an air-cooled R3 system in the Sugo and we used the default ATX/SFX bracket included with the Silverstone PSU. We were able to fit the R3 1200 stock Wraith Stealth cooler under there with (a little) room to spare. So, with the offset ATX/SFX bracket I would imagine that many pump units would fit. Admittedly, I've never water cooled. Also, for front fans, I was operating on a budget charity basis. There was one fan I couldn't fit that I never measured but I suspect it was larger than 140mm. A 120mm felt like it fit comfortably but I can't quite remember how much clearance there was to the PSU cables.

You might check the build guides here or elsewhere. Watercooled SG13 builds are fairly ubiquitous and I'm sure numerous people have tried what you're trying. I'm just not one of them... yet...

PunchyFisty

Case Bender
Original poster
Aug 3, 2018
Like you mentioned, I was under the impression that a 140mm setup would interfere with anything but the miniest of cards. I know the Zotac is a bit longer than the offerings from MSI or Gigabyte. I helped my sister build an air-cooled R3 system in the Sugo and we used the default ATX/SFX bracket included with the Silverstone PSU. We were able to fit the R3 1200 stock Wraith Stealth cooler under there with (a little) room to spare. So, with the offset ATX/SFX bracket I would imagine that many pump units would fit. Admittedly, I've never water cooled. Also, for front fans, I was operating on a budget charity basis. There was one fan I couldn't fit that I never measured but I suspect it was larger than 140mm. A 120mm felt like it fit comfortably but I can't quite remember how much clearance there was to the PSU cables.

You might check the build guides here or elsewhere. Watercooled SG13 builds are fairly ubiquitous and I'm sure numerous people have tried what you're trying. I'm just not one of them... yet...

Lol yet... yeah this case is great so far, it's tough when they aren't using your exact components. I've tried to find any trace of someone putting either of those coolers in. Great cooler choice for the sister, yeah I think most AIO pumps do fit since they're usually much more flat. I am just a jackwagon and want to make the tallest one work lol.

You're right about the Zotac Mini, it is 211mm compared to the Gigabyte 1080 Mini which is only 169mm in length. Per SG13 Manual, "The maximum thickness for radiator plus fans is 90mm... maximum allowable length for graphics card with a 140mm fan or radiator is 264mm (10.39”) minus the thickness of the fan and/or radiator."
That in mind, Kraken X42 radiator is 30mm thick + 26mm w/ fan. Per spec, my graphics card would have 3mm of overlap/interference. I've looked into slim 140mm fans, however they have pretty poor cooling capability in comparison to a standard.
The 120EX radiator is 27mm thick + 25mm w/ fan. Should have 1mm of clearance :eek: not sure how close that really looks. Also unsure how much side clearance I have next to the 120mm radiator..

For height spec, "The SG13 has 61mm height limitation for CPU cooler" but with PP0E bracket for SFX PSU I was able to get 21mm more height for my current NH-L12S air cooler which is 70mm tall.
Deepcool 120EX pump is 85mm tall, so again Per spec this pump would have 3mm of overlap/interference.
If I decided to force the Kraken X42 in there, I would have 29mm of open space above the 53mm pump which to me sounds like barely enough height to really see the RGB and mirrored face of the pump. Maybe the M22 is better since it is only 48mm tall, radiator is 32mm thick, only 5W more power required over my current setup

VeeTeeF

Caliper Novice
May 12, 2016
Just an FYI for anyone that comes by this post. The Captain 120EX does fit in the SG13 with A SFX PSU and the Silverstone bracket that moves the PSU up as high as it'll go. There's about 2mm between the top of the pipe coming out of the pump and the PSU.