Aigo Yogo S1 (AKA DarkFlash DLH21) upgrades

Murrian

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jan 27, 2021
Hello, long time lurker, first time poster, signed up to share my experience with the Aigo Yogo S1 (also going to be released as the DarkFlash DLH21) as there's a lot to like about this case (that seems to be little known).
I was in the process of upgrading my Raijintek Ophion build from last year, sadly the Australian heat here in Sydney is just too much for it and it started to shutdown due to thermal protection. I knew it was a hot box, and, in my defence I was in Melbourne when I built it, not expecting the move North at the time. But now I needed an AIO, so figured a 240mm was the way to go (as I couldn't fit a 120mm anyway, might aswell go that bit bigger and make sure it could cope).

Like everyone else (it seems, judging by the number of posts on /r/sffpc) I opted for an NR200 and was sat around waiting for stock to come back in and my delivery to be sent, with an "interesting" stop-gap whilst I waited...
(to be fair, I could've reseated the motherboard back in the case, just, what was the point to take it back out again..)

It was whilst waiting I came across the Yogo S1 and, I liked it, vertical layout means a smaller desktop footprint but without the doubling up PSU/Riser and settling for a 140mm AIO that you have with the NZXT H1 (or the fire risk), this (after a bit of fanagaling and tracking down) was ¥500 (which is about a hundred dollarydoos, or $75 USD at the time). So, I figured bargain, bit cheaper than the NR200 and save some desk space whilst still looking nice. I kinda screwed up there, as I hadn't bought from Taobao before and didn't realise there was a second delivery after the "free delivery" and as I bought direct rather than doing what I was later advised as the smart move of using Superbuy, I ended up paying about the same again for delivery = \

But, what a lovely case:
The light around the base is fully addressable RGB, can do unicorn vomit, pulsating or, as here, static colour to have a nice finish, rather than being anything too over the top (as aRGB usually ends up...which I may have been guilty with on the Raijintek Ophion..). Each of the side panels is completely removable with just two thumb screws at the top holding each in, the top itself held by magnets after slotting in and hides most of the rear I/O that's re-orientated to the top:
This gives relative easy access to the rear I/O ports, somewhat diminishing what I feel is a really good "front I/O" array not usually seen in an SFF setup, you get the usual power button with power LED, but also a reset switch, a HDD activity light, front panel audio aswell as two USB 3.0 A's (rather than one) and a USB 3.1 C (rather than or). The reset switch by default is wired in to the aRGB at the bottom, clicking it cycles through the modes. There was also a standard 5v RGB header so I pulled this and wired it as an actual reset switch. This brings me to my one demerit of the case, as when I hooked the header in to my ARGB control it didn't seem to obey. CPU block & radiator fans all updated as instructed but the case just sat there on it's setting. I ended up wiring in a spare reset switch I had laying around (rather than trying to dive in to the spaghetti the bottom of the board was now engulfed in to try and retrieve the case button), so now that button just sits under the top hatch and I can cycle the colours when needed (which was never that much on my Ophion, so can't see much use here). Just a little annoyed the header didn't work, not sure if this is a fault or the header was for something else, the downside of importing a case from China is the instructions are completely in Chinese, so, your mileage may vary here, but, it's only a very slight issue I'm not all that fussed about it (but, wouldn't be right to leave out of this review).
Front and right hand side panels off, revealing the GPU at the front and radiator/fan bracket on the rhs. I like the GPU can get fresh air directly from the front and, after being queried on Reddit can say there's about 2.5cm of clearance after the card (so, about 60mm in total height of the GPU - though obviously you'll want a few mm's spare change just for variance and what not). The radiator is a tight fit, a second drive at the bottom there would be problematic, a 3.5" drive would probably mean it doesn't fit at all, but, as it is, the two 120mm fans can intake fresh air from the outside and blow it over the motherboard to help with system temps a little. Overall I'm now getting around low 80's under full synthetic load in AIDA64 for both CPU diode & GPU running (both of them hitting around 80c-83c tops) which is great given the CPU would previously thermal cut out at 100c before the upgrade. Idle is fifty to sixty for the CPU diode, fifty for the GPU. CPU as a package and chipset sit around 40c idle and don't go up all that much (about 10c) under load. All in, absolutely perfect for the high ambient 'straylian summer temperature and just what I was after with the upgrade.
It comes with a 92mm fan at the top which is the only powered vent for this (though I found pulling the dust filters out took the rear motherboard mounted SSD down 10c, so there's a fair bit of passive venting) and I can't comment on how well this works as swapped it for the noctua I had in my Alpenföhn Black Ridge that was keeping my Ryzen 5 3600 cool in the Ophion up until summer started. Figured it would be too difficult to test and swap the fan once everything was in, but, actually, looks like it would've been fine, but let's face it, not much is going to beat a noctua.
The powdercoat finish across the case is even and matches, there's a small spot on the internal frame that's not coated, but, no one's ever going to see that, so, it's not much of an issue (though, again, figured worth mentioning). Everything's close, but not cramped and it certainly makes the most of its 17.2l (which I appreciate is on the large end of SFF) but without employing Riser cables that can cause issues (had a terrible problem with the Dan A4 and an AMD 5700) and allows the AIO to be installed properly, hose to the bottom, top of the cooler sits higher than the CPU block. PC Jesus would approve.

Full part list is:
CPU | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler | EK EK-AIO 240 D-RGB 66.04 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard | Asus ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard
Memory | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
Storage (OS/Apps) | Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Storage (some games/work) | ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Storage (other games) | Samsung 860 QVO 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Bulk)
Video Card | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE 2X Video Card
Power Supply | Corsair SF 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply
Case Fan | Noctua A9 PWM chromax.black.swap 46.44 CFM 92 mm Fan
AIO Fan | EK Vardar EVO 120ER 77 CFM 120 mm Fan x2
Case | Aigo Yogo S1

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Good build!

I read but need to read in another time.
However, I know 3 things. One is, your favourite food is spaghetti (eg the first pic is so revealing😄). Another is, you like long sentences and big paragraphs (aka wall of text).😁 Last is, the lack of punctuation marks is typical for the generation Z. So, you were born between 1995 and 2005.😅

• Haha
Reactions: BaK

fongalv

Caliper Novice
Jan 4, 2021
I actually just received mine(in black) earlier today. Just took it out for a test fit and wanted to come share some information here and yours is the first thread I see!!! :eek:

Murrian

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jan 27, 2021
Good build!

I read but need to read in another time.
However, I know 3 things. One is, your favourite food is spaghetti (eg the first pic is so revealing😄). Another is, you like long sentences and big paragraphs (aka wall of text).😁 Last is, the lack of punctuation marks is typical for the generation Z. So, you were born between 1995 and 2005.😅
Actually I'm more of a noodle person myself = p

English is my second language so my punctuation usually falls wayside to my excitement of spreading the joy, but I do wish I was generation Z rather than generation X (having just come back from the physio with my list of stretches I need to do because my body's fuck old!). Like, I know people would grumble about getting old and how your body starts to fail you so it takes more work to upkeep it, but, it just doesn't really convey the actuality of it = \