Louqe Ghost S1 built - Super silent

TheBigHunt

What's an ITX?
Original poster
Nov 4, 2019
Hi

I know that my built is not the fancier overcloaking built, but it has some good pros and I'm super happy about it.

Here it is:
First, I'm not a hardcore gamer. I love to play games like Destiny or World of Tank but I don't spend my life on them. I'm doing some graphic and video editing, some work, etc...
Until now I had a mAtx tower, the NZXT H500i with a MSI Z390 AC Edge, an i5 8400, a GeForce 1070 GTX, 16Gb and a 512Gb Nvme SSD. Eveything works perfectly.
But since i've found this forum and seen few videos on Youtube, i was super teased by Small Factors.

After having spent hours and hours watching, comparing, etc, I decided to go for what is for me the most beautiful SF mini ITX case, the Louqe Ghost S1. It was the first challenge, to find one!
So I finally bought one new... it costs a lot but what a nice piece of hardware.

Then, I looked at some ITX motherboards, but I wanted one able to connect some RGB stuffs. There was the Asus Strix B360 but I was a bit afraid to use it with the 9th gen of CPU (it was my plan) and the Asus Strix z390 was too expensive for me. I finally went for the MSI z390i AC Edge. No RGB leds on it but a connector to connect 3rd party RGB stuffs like fans, led strips and so on.

For the PSU, I found a Be Quiet SFX-L 500W second hand new. I bought if half of it new price. I didn't know the difference between a SF and SFX-L... and when I discovered it, i thought that I would have to buy a SF... but in fact I'm super happy about it.
For the CPU, as I don't overcloak and won't do it, I went for the 65W i7 9700. I've hesitated with the K version but the TPC was 95w and as I was looking for a quiet mini ITX, I thought that the without K was the best option for me. In addition, the 9700 is quite cheap at the moment (cheaper than the F version).
For the RAM, I recycled my X Fury 2x8GB 3200Mhz.
For the GPU, I found a used (but quite new) RTX 2070 Founder Edition - super design.
For the CPU cooling Fan, I bought a Coller Master Geminii M5 Led. It's a kind of not very easy to find Fan. I bought it in Hong Kong as I want travelling there for work.
And lastly, i bought two Phantec led strips to place at the bottom of the case.

What is super cool is that even pushed at 100% usage, the CPU temp doesnt go above 65 degrees. And the Geminii M5 fan doesnt do any noise. It's super quiet with its 120mm fan.
The GPU isn't neither do sound as fans are not really increasing of speed, even in some games likes Battlefield V with the RTX features activated.

So... without any watercooling, in a super small ITX case, without any additional fan, my computer runs like a charm in a very quiet athmosphere. And I love this.

Here are some pics.

A link to my built: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/bC7WGX