Advice - Dual GPU NVlink Build

philHolland

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Mar 2, 2018
www.phfx.com
Hello all,

I'm about to embark on a compact build that requires 2X Nvidia GPUs next to each other in NVlink configuration. Due to the complexity of the NVlink bridge I can't place the GPUs vertically stacked, at least not easily.

I'm looking for two case suggestions as I'm mulling over motherboards hardcore at the moment, but I am looking for the most compact case for ATX and EATX motherboards.

Beyond a full size PSU, this system will only have a few SATA SSDs and M.2 storage within, so it's really about the board and potentially cooling.

GPUs arrive Friday, already have the PSU. Just needing some direction on case/chassis options.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

philHolland

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Mar 2, 2018
www.phfx.com
Thank you Fabio and I had a sniff through the thread and saw your last Cerberus-X build in there. PSU is a bit of concern for me as about 600W will be allocated for GPUs alone. Does anybody know the max PSU size it can handle? I have 1200W and 1600W sitting around here, but I fear they are pretty damn big. 150x86x200mm for the 1600 for instance.

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
The site says it support all sizes. Just make sure you’ll have space to route your cables and cooler tubing (if using an AIO, mount it so the tubes are on the right side.)

philHolland

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Mar 2, 2018
www.phfx.com
On it. Cerberus-X ordered. GPUs, PSU here. Rest of the goodies arrive next week. I'll post some shots once this build is buttoned up. Thanks for the assist.