Motherboard A78F2-TI

cleveland

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
Hey guys,

check this cute little piece of tech out:

I have everything needed to put it into work for a great HTPC.

mSATA SSD: 128gb EVO (checked)
small case: mini-box M350 (checked)
fast sodimm memory sticks: 2x4gb 1866mhz HyperX (checked)
spare APU: A8-7600 (checked)
19v power brick: 2x 19v 210w HP brick (double checked)

My question is "have you ever build/seem any builds with this mobo?" since i'm almost biting the bullet here. What are your advices in such a build like the one i'm planning?

Mar 6, 2017
Never even heard of this board before, but it looks like this is a Thin ITX form factor board, meaning you could go even smaller than the M350 if you want. However, that means your heatsink choices are even less, which is bad for an HTPC because you're gonna want something quiet. You could go fanless if you want something silent, but you may be able to find something decently quiet. Why two 210W bricks, shouldn't one be enough?

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
When it first came out, I was really excited for it. Then it never hit any market. I have NFI how you managed to get one!

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
If I wasn't lucky enough to be playing with Ryzen gear, I'd be all over sourcing one of these :p

cleveland

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
If I wasn't lucky enough to be playing with Ryzen gear, I'd be all over sourcing one of these :p
I'm craving for a mobo like this (even from an obscure manufacturer): ITX (or even thin-ITX) form factor, ready for Raven Ridge APU and powered by direct DC input. If you ever find something like this, sign me in!

cleveland

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
Also, on that matter, is just me or the Alseye OP-SH200-ITX is out of stock everywhere for you guys too?!

cleveland

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
Took me more than i'd like to put this little beauty to work, but here it is:

Housed inside the smallest case i could get!

Thin-ITX for real, with proper I/O shield and everything.

The only mecanical part of this build is the cooler (HPL-815). There's an mSATA slot for the SSD and a Mini-PCIe for wireless card. So far, so good.

I'll keep on checking if the memories get hot or not to decide it a small fan is necessary. The APU sited underneath the cooler is an A8-7600 (65w)

I/O panel on the left, APU on the right. Like most Thin-ITX mobos, lots and lots of conectors...

Front panel cables and memories on place. Power inlet and capacitors on the far right.

All in all, it's a great boart for office work. Sadly, I dont advise anyone into gaming with this combination of pieces.

65W is a lot of heat for such a restrained space. The spot under the mobo where the APU sits get insanely hot. HWmonitor says 48ºC on CPU tray but i higly doubt it.

On the positive side of things, memory is absolutely stable (2x4GB, 1866 mHz, single ranked); i'm using a brick rated for 90w and so far I had no power failures at all. The mSATA is a good thing to have here in Brazil, since the price of m.2 is skyrocketing.

I'm using windows 7 and WEI shows a score of 6.6 out of a possiblem 7.9.

I guess that's it. This combo increased my desire to design a HTPC with similar measures (increasing only height and nothing more) that's capable of accommodate a LP 1050ti. Back to CADing, guys!

Reactions: confusis