Prebuilt $850 i5 GTX1060 6gb laptop

buLL

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 11, 2017
Hello guys.

I want to buy a gaming laptop. So i was searching about budget ones, and I just found a really cheap i5 6300hq+GTX1060 6gb one, from a Chinese brand called Hasee. It seems like Hasee is a really famous brand in China, the 2nd biggest chinese pc manufacture.

Here is the model: http://item.jd.com/11224586531.html

PS: 5999rmb = ~$850

So what do you guys think? Any of you has ever had a chinese brand laptop? This is very cheap for its hardware, and by the pictures and comments, it seems good quality too.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
The issue with laptop is that they are notorious for reliability issues. They have a "bathtub" curve for failure. Most failures occur within the first year and after the 2nd year. Laptops that survive their first two years end up being pretty reliable.

Buying from a Chinese brand leaves you vulnerable to failures if you are not in their market and unable to get service. It is a calculated risk you take. Failure rates occur 5%-15%.

Last edited:
Reactions: buLL

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
I have a Xiaomi Air 12.5, the quality seems fine aside from the buzzing noise coming from the Type C charging port. My roommate has a laptop, i think its a Terrans Force laptop but I could be wrong. He has had it a long time and seems to be reliable.

Don't know of anyone with a Hasee laptop but I was looking at one the other day, price is good. That one has a 92% approval rating on JD so can't be that bad right? :D

buLL

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 11, 2017
I have a Xiaomi Air 12.5, the quality seems fine aside from the buzzing noise coming from the Type C charging port. My roommate has a laptop, i think its a Terrans Force laptop but I could be wrong. He has had it a long time and seems to be reliable.

Don't know of anyone with a Hasee laptop but I was looking at one the other day, price is good. That one has a 92% approval rating on JD so can't be that bad right? :D

Good to know. I've seen those Terrans Force laptops on JD/Taobao too, but Hasee ones are even cheaper. I'm between an HP Omen (i5 7300hq+GTX1050ti) or a Hasee one (i5 6300hq+GTX1060 6gb), both are the same price. It's a bit tempting not getting that hasee one, but I'll have to think about it. At least HP has support in my country, and if something goes wrong with the Hasee, it will be a pain in the ass ordering spare parts from China. Anyway, thanks for the answer

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
http://techtablets.com/

Might check with the guys here, they don't review so many Hasee stuff but they do lots of other Chinese tablets and some netbooks/ultrabooks. I think Lon Seideman (hope i spelled that right) on youtube also does reviews on lots of Chinese devices.