Concept 3D printing a test computer...

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Sorry for the late reply...

PLA doesn't seem to be as green as we may think:
https://grist.org/article/2009-08-12-ask-umbra-truth-corn-plastic/

"So when we use these [PLA] cups, we are supporting GMO crops and industrial ag. And we are not necessarily creating less waste; yes, the cups are biodegradable, but only in commercial composting facilities or other composts that reach 150 degrees with 90 percent humidity. So even if you composted in your apartment — which you could! — you likely would not have the right conditions. And there are problems with recycling corn plastic too — check with your friendly JP recyclers to see what they prefer. In the end, these cups can be equal to some products made from oil-based plastic: you just throw them out."

And if you printed with a wood impregnated PLA, does that make it more environmentally friendly?
When I saw the ad on i.materialise I actually thought there was a 'wood only' 3D print option.
But I guess wood and PLA would be the best environmentally friendly material from the ones available, as far as I know.

Need more details from you... what are you trying to achieve...
I have a case design made of Makerbeam frames and I am looking for side panels solutions.

Anyway, sorry for hijacking your thread.
I will ping you once I have my own one for my case design and so you could maybe chime in.
I am still all ears though if someone wants to pm me with a nature friendly material for 3d printing that I am not aware of! ;)