Stalled 3.5L HTPC Case- Made for Ryzen!

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Hello! Made it with some changes!

Oh... MY!

You just made my day. I hope there weren't any unforseen issues with my design.

That looks utterly amazing.

I see you removed some pemserts, and the C8 jack. I guess that means you are going to use a brick?

I don't even know how to say this. Just seeing something you spent (according to the CAD program logs) 124 hours on as an actual object and not a picture on a PC screen.....

Would you mind posting the CAD file with the Changes you made?

What finish are you using? I know a good powdercoater that would do it for cheap.

If you wouldn't mind DM'ing me how much it cost to make, that's great!

Thank you SO much.
Windfall

kviker

Trash Compacter
Jun 30, 2017
it has some problem, bui i expected that.

as you may have noticed I added "legs" which are part of the case cover. They work well when the cover stands apart. But when I connect the halves and tighten the bolts, the body begins to stand not exactly on a flat surface. The skew is 0.5 mm or less, but it is enough for instability.

I think the problem is the bends. Mounting holes are located on surfaces with two bends and this introduces inaccuracies. When the cover is attracted to them-the problem arises. Maybe someone with more experience know how to fix it. Easy way i see - use rubber tip, but i dont know where get this.

yes, thats sample for psu brick, and has no space for anything other than mainboard

there is minimal changes, just shortened

usualy im using powdercoater, but now I have problems with contractors and I'm looking for new ones, so i think it take time.

so i need solve the problems, then we can think about the production...

Reactions: owliwar

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
it has some problem, bui i expected that.

as you may have noticed I added "legs" which are part of the case cover. They work well when the cover stands apart. But when I connect the halves and tighten the bolts, the body begins to stand not exactly on a flat surface. The skew is 0.5 mm or less, but it is enough for instability.

I think the problem is the bends. Mounting holes are located on surfaces with two bends and this introduces inaccuracies. When the cover is attracted to them-the problem arises. Maybe someone with more experience know how to fix it. Easy way i see - use rubber tip, but i dont know where get this.

yes, thats sample for psu brick, and has no space for anything other than mainboard

there is minimal changes, just shortened

usualy im using powdercoater, but now I have problems with contractors and I'm looking for new ones, so i think it take time.

so i need solve the problems, then we can think about the production...

Hey man,

The reason the legs do that is because in the model, I made an air gap for clearance. That can be fixed.

As for production, If you backread, there were only 6 people interested. If I were you, I wouldn't sink to much money into this, as I have already proved there isn't much interest. I'd rather not see you lose money! :)

kviker

Trash Compacter
Jun 30, 2017
The reason the legs do that is because in the model, I made an air gap for clearance. That can be fixed.
I created a model from scratch, from the images, and i dont made an air gap for clearance o_O
this problem haunts me :\. in my slim cases was the same problem and I just used the washers to align the legs, because it was a separate part.

maybe that way.

Reactions: owliwar

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I created a model from scratch, from the images, and i dont made an air gap for clearance o_O
this problem haunts me :\. in my slim cases was the same problem and I just used the washers to align the legs, because it was a separate part.

maybe that way.

DM me the CAD file, and let me try to fix it. I think I know what to do!

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Hey @kviker I just realized you're the creator of the Observer Slim cases. Maybe you could actually do production runs for painted cases small enough with some low minimums.

Reactions: Windfall

BrickChris

Chassis Packer
Dec 28, 2018
Hey, great design! I´m in love with this industrial look!

I just found out, that you can mount ANY kind of 80mm Fan on the Wraith Stealth heatsink! With an 25mm high fan this could save you a ton of space! - and it´s a lot more quiet.