Concept 16l 3d-printed mitx case that fits the cryorig h7

tzdonvf

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Mar 14, 2019
Hi all,

I've been trying to design a uATX case on and off for about the past month after being inspired by this post, but no matter what I do, I can't seem to get it under 25l while still keeping all the components I'd like to.
So, solution: itx (!).

Because I lack funds, I decided to try and design a case that would be fully 3d printable (like the uATX case), fit 3-slot full-length GPUs, an HDD, an ATX psu and a Cryorig H7 on top for cooling. So far I've ended up with this: (grey blob is the hdd)

you might notice that it's flipped. I decided on this because I wasn't sure if PLS plastic could support the big hulk of a PSU (compared to sff psus) without bending or snapping. The only thing I'm concerned about with this is that the GPU might not be supported well enough by the back and the mobo.

the fan at the bottom is 140mm in order to exhaust both the cpu cooler's air and whatever air it sucks up from the gpu.

the finished product should look similar to the finished uatx concept below (designed because I am too poor for a cerberus).

any thoughts? is having it be inverted better or worse than having it be normal?

Last edited:

XeaLouS

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 29, 2015
Do you have your own 3d printer? Otherwise 3d printing it could be costly.

17L is a nice goal - the layout is the same as the sugo sg10 but without the area behind the motherboard for 3.5" hdd

tzdonvf

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Mar 14, 2019
Do you have your own 3d printer? Otherwise 3d printing it could be costly.

17L is a nice goal - the layout is the same as the sugo sg10 but without the area behind the motherboard for 3.5" hdd
I do own a 3d printer so the cost won't be too much of an issue.

The main advantage this might have is that there's about 85mm of extra height for the cpu cooler.