Prototype 12.18L Dual 240AIO quite gaming PC case——Dual Cool MKII (4 months use report)

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
I love this case design, its basically everything I've wanted in a sff case, BUT without the airflow I want. If this had ventilated side panels I would buy this in a heartbeat. I want to be able to take advantage of my dual radiators with good airflow if I'm going to fit two radiators in my PC. Do you guys have any plans to sell a meshed version or at least sell meshed panels on the side?
I agree. Right now the only way I can think of replicating this is a louqe ghost s1 with a radiator on both sides and then a vertical stand and have the rads exposed. It would be nice to have a similar mesh to a sidearm t1 or the Nzxt h1 that released steel holes.

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
I love this case design, its basically everything I've wanted in a sff case, BUT without the airflow I want. If this had ventilated side panels I would buy this in a heartbeat. I want to be able to take advantage of my dual radiators with good airflow if I'm going to fit two radiators in my PC. Do you guys have any plans to sell a meshed version or at least sell meshed panels on the side?
Now we will rebuild panel of front and back of the case. And put hole at SFX PSU.The specific shape is still in the design and we may use this as default package. "holeless" design is clear but performance is degraded.So panel with hole will definitely exist.

fvandongen

Case Bender
New User
Jan 8, 2018
Now we will rebuild panel of front and back of the case. And put hole at SFX PSU.The specific shape is still in the design and we may use this as default package. "holeless" design is clear but performance is degraded.So panel with hole will definitely exist.

Good idea. I love the layout of the case, but more airflow wouldn't hurt. Whill this case be available to European customers in the near future? For example on Aliexpress?

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
Good idea. I love the layout of the case, but more airflow wouldn't hurt. Whill this case be available to European customers in the near future? For example on Aliexpress?
We plan post case on Kickstarter or indigogo in crowdfunding way and might bind transparent side panel in crowdfund option. We still search retail channels in European but is dufficult. So we want anyone which want this case join in crowdfunding and we just make item and post to every country which in our avaliable list.

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
@WH-team pure awesomeness, would buy it right now :)
Now Dual Cool must gei some change:

Like inside frame is Q235 steel now but we think change to Alu with CNC processing could enhance frame hardness and texture

We will add USB-C+USB Type A3.0 I/O in case and we try several style but haven`t decide which one will use.So we will open polling window to choice final dicision.

Some user want to use graphicard 2.5 solt is not allowed.This is a big fault. So we now rebulid frame and you could change Type -A/B which you want to distribute more space in CPUside or GPUside.

and shell hole style , radian design and so on.So it will be get big change in MK III(we will change item No. if we rebuild more part)

Reactions: lemon07r and Bask06

Sugaroverdose

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2020
Like inside frame is Q235 steel now but we think change to Alu with CNC processing could enhance frame hardness and texture
Wouldn't it reduce efficient space inside? It's pretty tight fit already
We will add USB-C+USB Type A3.0 I/O in case and we try several style but haven`t decide which one will use.So we will open polling window to choice final dicision.
From my PoV it's a good idea to refer phanteks evolv shift for design decisions it looks pretty good and have some similarities with your case
Some user want to use graphicard 2.5 solt is not allowed.This is a big fault. So we now rebulid frame and you could change Type -A/B which you want to distribute more space in CPUside or GPUside.
But it's full water cooling case isn't it? If you'll add 2.5 slot gpu compatibility you might get sizes enough to have dual 280(which would make it bigger, but superior from my PoV), at least in width. Maybe it's better to make two versions instead of stacking compromises in single one?

lemon07r

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 3, 2020
Now Dual Cool must gei some change:

and shell hole style , radian design and so on.So it will be get big change in MK III(we will change item No. if we rebuild more part)

Super excited to see the ventilated style version. How long till it ships out and where can we pre-order this case? I would be buying from Canada.

d_sff

Cable Smoosher
Feb 4, 2018
i don't comment on this forum for a while, but when i saw this project i had to say that i'm very interested in this case with this vertical layout and i will buy it in a heartbeat. that said, i think there is space for improvment, especially cooling, be sidepanels whith ventilation or space or 4 fans against the radiators.

keep up the good work. i'm waiting dor the kickstarter

EDIT:
@
WH-team what is the cpu block pump combo that you are using?

thanks in advance

Last edited:
Reactions: Takosabi

Vacceo

Average Stuffer
Mar 17, 2020
This case is simply amazing in design. I agree on the ideas about ventilated panels so fans can be added (at least the noctua 15mm, which aren´t bad for a standard 30mm radiator, however, the standard 25mm are optimal). The Apogee Drive II should be fine for the CPU and moving the water of the whole rig as there is no need of a res (the rads themselves are the reservoir). Also, can the case support a mini DTX board? If so, I´m sold and I´d get it in a heartbeat.

Khanele

Cable Smoosher
Mar 25, 2020
Hi I see the case on Taobao is it available to buy? Or preorder? I dont know as google translate is bad. Thanks

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Hi I see the case on Taobao is it available to buy? Or preorder? I dont know as google translate is bad. Thanks
Yes, it looks like the first batch of MK III is now opened for pre-ordering.
The vent hole pattern looks nice. This should enhance ventilation to the dual 240 rads.
Look forward to see some reviews of the new thermal.

Reactions: Khanele

MyNameIsYJ

Case Bender
New User
May 1, 2020
Hey, I love the design. Just kinda wish it actually had "proper" 240 AIO support. By that I mean just being able to actually mount all fans on the Rad's, personally I love that you're trying to go for the corsair one design. But, I feel if you wanted to appeal to more people having support for all fans would make this golden, so novice builders who do not want to do custom water cooling, could get a chance to use possibly 2, 240AIO's from brands like corsair or nzxt, etc.

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
Hey, I love the design. Just kinda wish it actually had "proper" 240 AIO support. By that I mean just being able to actually mount all fans on the Rad's, personally I love that you're trying to go for the corsair one design. But, I feel if you wanted to appeal to more people having support for all fans would make this golden, so novice builders who do not want to do custom water cooling, could get a chance to use possibly 2, 240AIO's from brands like corsair or nzxt, etc.
It would be a bit bigger. But god damn would it be easy to recommend for itx builds. Throw 240 aio on cpu and another for gpu done. I really like how the wires go out the bottom which is the stand. Hard to reach but u have 2 10 port hubs. I'm good lol.

MyNameIsYJ

Case Bender
New User
May 1, 2020
A bit bigger would be fine tbh. I think warhead should consider who their market is. Mini itx cases that are meant to be water cooled specifically are just meant to kept on the desk as a nice small case that saves space. Not to be taken to lan parties etc, I mean it could but not the main idea per say. Hope this doesn't come out as offensive, really love your work, almost bought the case tbh.

Ricky

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 23, 2016
Also if you wanted to install an SSD on the back of a motherboard, would that be possible? What would the airflow be like?

FLYGRDN

Case Bender
New User
Apr 30, 2020
I never went ahead with the purchase as I recieved no clarification from Warhead Team - a bit concerned this might be dead? :(