Prototype 12.18L Dual 240AIO quite gaming PC case——Dual Cool MKII (4 months use report)

laser_ninja

Caliper Novice
Aug 19, 2018
kennui.com
Just found the case on taobao while browsing. Looks really awesome but it's a shame we cant see component layout. That is the very first thing I look at.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Thanks for the link! II'm actually really into this case as it seems like a far more efficient Phanteks Shift.

I'm almost tempted to just buy one for fun and play around with it - although I'd love to see some internal shots to get an understanding on the internal layout.

@WH-team do you have any images or gallaries of a completed build in this case?

divanvanbiljon

Cable Smoosher
Jul 30, 2019
Any videos out there by any chance? It would be nice to see an unboxing for it. And are there other links/sites to purchase this from apart from the 2 already mentioned?

Sashby

Average Stuffer
Nov 13, 2017
He's posted on Chiphell of an 'assembled' system and the taobao page has been updated.

The radiators he's using are not great. Round tube, perpendicular thick fins. Cheaper to manufacture but thermal transfer is worse than compared to the flat tube design with louvered fins that's become the norm today for modern water-cooling. Just an fyi, don't bother using them

Last edited:

firef4ly

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 10, 2019
If one of you guys purchase this case please post up your experience with it and pictures if possible. It's mind blowing to me that no one else has attempted to recreate the Corsair One type design yet.

Patongo

Efficiency Noob
Sep 29, 2019
Could you make it an option that people who actually want to mount the fans on the outside of the case against the radiator could do it by providing an addon of the retention kit on the front and back panel?

firef4ly

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 10, 2019
To add to that request. I was also wondering what the plans were for the vented panels? I saw earlier in this thread that they may be an option. Are you still planning on moving this project to some sort of kickstarter?

Ricky

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 23, 2016
To add to that request. I was also wondering what the plans were for the vented panels? I saw earlier in this thread that they may be an option. Are you still planning on moving this project to some sort of kickstarter?

The vented panels are probably still a thing, I don’t see how it would work otherwise.

herericc

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 18, 2019
I am also interested in seeing a build in this case - the outside looks nice but without seeing the internal layout it's pretty meaningless.

herericc

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 18, 2019
I took the liberty of uploading the photographs I could find of the finished build to imgur. also have 1 photo with empty case and sidepanels off.

Looks like an awesome case if you're going to go custom liquid cooling for both your GPU and CPU.

Any chance of releasing a version with 3 slot GPU support and a vented panel on the GPU side so we can still use the air cooler on the GPU itself?
I've been very interested in going SFF but I have a 3900X and a 2080 XC 3slot. Pretty hard to find a case!

Kyuss

Chassis Packer
Jul 13, 2017
So, the two upper fans are "sucking" the air from the holes in the lower section, just below radiators? As far as I know, the panels, and the radiator mounting must be sealed or almost sealed for the air passing through radiators, doesn't it?
Again, is there any updates on this? the item is no longer available to buy.
PS: I like a lot this design

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
Since September 2019, the case has been used for nearly 4 months.And this is case inside which you want to know:

I intsall dual 240 radiator in Dual Cool and combine CPU and GPU R5 3600+RX5700XT

The GPU side

The CPU side. Pump is modify by other studio. Which could put DDC on CPU block so it is like AIO production but could push water faster

As you can see the 12025 fans install without messy cable or I/O connector. So it`s different with other case which put I/O on the top.Less cable could make clear space and air efficiency will better.

Last edited:

lemon07r

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 3, 2020
Since September 2019, the case has been used for nearly 4 months.And this is case inside which you want to know:

I intsall dual 240 radiator in Dual Cool and combine CPU and GPU R5 3600+RX5700XT

The GPU side

The CPU side. Pump is modify by other studio. Which could put DDC on CPU block so it is like AIO production but could push water faster

As you can see the 12025 fans install without messy cable or I/O connector. So it`s different with other case which put I/O on the top.Less cable could make clear space and air efficiency will better.
I love this case design, its basically everything I've wanted in a sff case, BUT without the airflow I want. If this had ventilated side panels I would buy this in a heartbeat. I want to be able to take advantage of my dual radiators with good airflow if I'm going to fit two radiators in my PC. Do you guys have any plans to sell a meshed version or at least sell meshed panels on the side?