Prototype 12.18L Dual 240AIO quite gaming PC case——Dual Cool MKII (4 months use report)

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
For a long time how to balanced the obturation show cases` heat dispersion is a difficult problem. SFF case must use distinctive heat dispers for compact volume, And now I`ll show you Dual cool MK2——which could get a good volum and strong dissipation performance at the both same time.

Dual cool MK2 use dual 240 AIO to solve CPU/GPU heat.But there haven`t any fans on AIO. It`s obturation structure like a chimney could bring AIOS` heat and use two 12025 low RPM fans stabilize the whole environment. SFF case in my understood it must enlarge heat radiator`s total volum to increase total heat capacity of the whole computer instead of add more fans to make more noise (be that as it may, you also install 4 fans if you want to replace AIO device.)

As you can see MK2`s front/rear cover use window-less design. Air must go through according gap which at the under of cover.This design could reduce dust adhering compare with original direct inhalation.So it could keep computer`s dissipation performance in a long time.

All IO input have been move to base and use redirector relocate there position and direction.Front/rear have indent so that USB device will get more depth when they doing data transmission and you will not knock down this device when you doing onther things or hurry searching on the table.

Phototype image:

Hardware support specification:(the RED words which is changed in update!)

3Dsize: 250L*375H*130W=12.18L
Meteral: 7075 Aluminium with CNC +CB232 steel sheet metal bending

Motherboard: 17*17 ITX with SFX/SFX-L

Power supply: SFX

Display card: limited length 320mm, limited width 140mm, limited height 40.6mm~60mm (2 PCIE~3PCIE, could more shoulders) display card

Radiator: 55-60mm radiator(depending on column structure different position)

SYS Fan: 6*12025 fan with 120 aio/2*12025 fan with dual 240 aio/4*12025 fan with one 240 aio

AIO device: dual 240 AIO support

Disk support: 3*2.5 HDD device(maybe modify)

Last edited:

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
I like the design; it is like a consumer version of the Corsair One.

That being said, air will take the path of least resistance. You won't get enough air pass the radiators with the only intake channels at the bottom. You will need to perforate those side panels and have the rads flush against them, so the only path for air is through the rads.

This is how the Corsair One works.

Alur

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
Hello Warhead Team,

Are you going to release this case or is it just a prototype? We are still craving for WARHEAD MICRO MK V (a4 style).

Nonetheless, like Scatterforce mentioned, this is the consumer choice for components of a Corsair One, which many people is looking forward too, perforated panels and a solid bottom intake will do the job and be an amazing build with tempered glass on the sides like the Phanteks Evolv Shift series.

Also, availability for EU/US or is it going to be a TaoBao item like your other stuff?

Thank you!

Reactions: Soul_Est

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
I like the design; it is like a consumer version of the Corsair One.

That being said, air will take the path of least resistance. You won't get enough air pass the radiators with the only intake channels at the bottom. You will need to perforate those side panels and have the rads flush against them, so the only path for air is through the rads.

This is how the Corsair One works.
I will test FPU and P95 then decided it should add perforate or not.Because if 'none perforate' could pass these heat test with flagship device.I will not add them.Because dust reduce is also an important assessment standard which a part of computer`s` comprehensive performance:)

Reactions: Alur

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
Hello Warhead Team,

Are you going to release this case or is it just a prototype? We are still craving for WARHEAD MICRO MK V (a4 style).

Nonetheless, like Scatterforce mentioned, this is the consumer choice for components of a Corsair One, which many people is looking forward too, perforated panels and a solid bottom intake will do the job and be an amazing build with tempered glass on the sides like the Phanteks Evolv Shift series.

Also, availability for EU/US or is it going to be a TaoBao item like your other stuff?

Thank you!
A good new is :Warhead Micro MKV(now is change it`s name, called Sans MKV because structure is change to A4 structure so is different thing now.And I will update soon on Micro MKV`s blog) it will be finish soon.New shell prototyping is making and now it seems good.I will take photo after chinese spring festival(factory resting....unfortunately)if it could done. It maybe a good product.

And the other thing is how to sale or crowd-funding.....emmmm

frankly speaking I want to go kickstarter or indiegogo.But complex process about bank account,tariff,3C authentication and so on....now I don`t know how to solve these problems...

Not long ago A stranger ask me he could batch these products out of china and sold.But my original intention is make a success crowd-funding project so I ignore his Invitation(say sorry here:))

you could give me some good advice if you can. And thank you for your long time follow my projects.thanks again!

Alur

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
A good new is :Warhead Micro MKV(now is change it`s name, called Sans MKV because structure is change to A4 structure so is different thing now.And I will update soon on Micro MKV`s blog) it will be finish soon.New shell prototyping is making and now it seems good.I will take photo after chinese spring festival(factory resting....unfortunately)if it could done. It maybe a good product.

And the other thing is how to sale or crowd-funding.....emmmm

frankly speaking I want to go kickstarter or indiegogo.But complex process about bank account,tariff,3C authentication and so on....now I don`t know how to solve these problems...

Not long ago A stranger ask me he could batch these products out of china and sold.But my original intention is make a success crowd-funding project so I ignore his Invitation(say sorry here:))

you could give me some good advice if you can. And thank you for your long time follow my projects.thanks again!

That is really good news for Warhead MICRO MKV (A4) andDUAL COOL MK2 (Tower style) models, if both concepts are nailed and refined, I think you are going to please a big sector of the market, because from looks to performance they are looking very promising (I will personally buy them both).

Speaking about crowdfunding (kickstarter/indiegogo), it is a tedious task for the Chinese market because of all the heavy restrictions (nearly impossible for a small company), best option would be to find a distributor for EU and US (like Jonsbo and Cooltek), less profit initially, but more expansion and money gain in the long term, which in the future might lead you to successfully distribute them yourself.

As for perforated panels: If the past the tests of safe temps (10%+-), you could arrange options to sell them as extra like Ncase does for their window panels (personally I will buy them, since I modded my panels Phanteks Shift X to gain in that extra 25% performance).

If I would recommend you a change in layout will be to invert the graphics card, so then you will have it exhausting air directly to the top, instead of the bottom and then dispersing up, affecting the radiators (remember, GPU get crazy temps). It is a difficult task, but just an upgrade to get an edge.

Looking forward to your projects! please, keep us updated with both models! :)

Reactions: Soul_Est

Ricky

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 23, 2016
That is really good news for Warhead MICRO MKV (A4) andDUAL COOL MK2 (Tower style) models, if both concepts are nailed and refined, I think you are going to please a big sector of the market, because from looks to performance they are looking very promising (I will personally buy them both).

Speaking about crowdfunding (kickstarter/indiegogo), it is a tedious task for the Chinese market because of all the heavy restrictions (nearly impossible for a small company), best option would be to find a distributor for EU and US (like Jonsbo and Cooltek), less profit initially, but more expansion and money gain in the long term, which in the future might lead you to successfully distribute them yourself.

As for perforated panels: If the past the tests of safe temps (10%+-), you could arrange options to sell them as extra like Ncase does for their window panels (personally I will buy them, since I modded my panels Phanteks Shift X to gain in that extra 25% performance).

If I would recommend you a change in layout will be to invert the graphics card, so then you will have it exhausting air directly to the top, instead of the bottom and then dispersing up, affecting the radiators (remember, GPU get crazy temps). It is a difficult task, but just an upgrade to get an edge.

Looking forward to your projects! please, keep us updated with both models! :)

I agree, definitely looking forward to following this. Corsair ONE has a certain appeal, but the multitude of restrictions is a turn off.

Reactions: Alur

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Will the case have feet to raise it up higher? GPU display cables are very rigid and looking at the proximity from the ground I feel like you will have a hard time routing cables from the system, also with bottom mounted IO, are you going to need to tip the whole system over each time you want to connect or disconnect something? Not a massive deal, just curious. Like the design though.

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
Now new rendering had updated and if you have any suggest please reply thanks!

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
Will the case have feet to raise it up higher? GPU display cables are very rigid and looking at the proximity from the ground I feel like you will have a hard time routing cables from the system, also with bottom mounted IO, are you going to need to tip the whole system over each time you want to connect or disconnect something? Not a massive deal, just curious. Like the design though.
about this problem now I use this solution:

is modify HDMI/DP linker and it could redefine graphic card output direction.But I haven`test this parts yet and I don`t` know it`s reliable or not.

Ricky

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 23, 2016
I wonder how it compares in size to the actual Corsair One. Liter wise they’re similar so I would think their actual physical size would be too, yeah?

Last edited:

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
These days I`m doing covers`s perforate so if you have any good advice please upload in forum and I will do rendering for you.Maybe I will use it!

Alur

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
Hello Warhead Team!

Was wondering after the chinese new year celebration, how is this project coming along? is there any update? thank you!

Also! MK V project? been waiting on this one for so long!

Alur

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
Friendly bump, interested to see pics, listed in TaoBao but can't really appreciate internals etc and if you will be retailing it in EU like you mentioned or KS.