Intel has announced their 14th gen CPUs. There isn’t a ton to cover on this so I’m going to break it down into bullet points to save everyone time.
– Max CPU Turbo Frequency is up slightly
- 6GHz on the i9
- 5.6GH on the i7
- 5.3GHz on the i5
– There are no changes to core configuration.
- i9 is 8P and 16E Cores
- i7 is 8P and 12E Cores
- i5 is 6P and 8E Cores
– There is no new process node.
-The Core i7 – 14700K receives additional L2 and L3 cache over the 13700K (61MB total vs 54MB total).
– Power usage TDP is still the same as the 13th gen.
– Memory compatibility is the same as 13th gen
– Motherboard compatibility is compatible with both 600 and 700 series LGA -1700 boards. Check with your motherboard vendor for details.
– MSRP pricing is the same as 13th gen, however the 13th gen parts are likely to see discounts as retailers move them out of their stocks.
You can check out the Intel 14th gen website by CLICKING HERE.
Overall there isn’t much here that changes from 13th gen to 14th gen for SFF enthusiasts, and this is a very minor update.