Log ZS-A4-V3 8.6L My cat-size gaming build (2021 Updated)

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 6, 2020
Can I post my article via this link to Notion?
If not I will post the full article after figure out how to upload media in bulk.

Please read the the full article in the link to my notion blog.

Abstract​

I was planning to complete this build in FormD T1, however during the time I was waiting for the preorder, I found ZS-A4-V3 on TaoBao. It offer a similar mechanism allow user to select a CPU cooler high/GPU thickness ratio, GPU size up to 315mm145mm59mm and CPU cooler up to 65mm can fit in this case.

I mostly satisfied with this outcome, the system is quiet for web browsing and simple task, with really nice performance in gaming.

But I didn't expect the turbulence noise from CPU cooler can be this loud due to the fan very close to the side panel during heavy load and gaming.

I have switch to IS-47K as CPU cooling. see updated link in the abstract in the link below.

or
Here

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I enjoyed reading your write up.
Many good tips along the way, eg modding the fan to let the clips sink in, filing 3mm off from too-long screws
Good to see some Klevv RAM in action too.

And, I admit I check out your cat as well..lol
S/he seems to like resting on top of (or next to) the case. Maybe enjoying the exhausting warm air?

Nice clean build (and the write-up)!

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 6, 2020
Nice job and write up! I love the case and am happy to see they are offering a top hat allowing AIO support soon.
I enjoyed reading your write up.
Many good tips along the way, eg modding the fan to let the clips sink in, filing 3mm off from too-long screws
Good to see some Klevv RAM in action too.

And, I admit I check out your cat as well..lol
S/he seems to like resting on top of (or next to) the case. Maybe enjoying the exhausting warm air?

Nice clean build (and the write-up)!

Thank you.

I had more fun building this pc than actually play games on it!

I switched to is-47k for cpu cooling to lower the turbulent noise and requested a CNC service to custom a cpu cooler back panel for MSI B550I MOBO.

Will update the article when it is done.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Can I post my article via this link to Notion?
If not I will post the full article after figure out how to upload media in bulk.

or
Here

Generally we don't mind that you link your build log (or any article) from external sources, but it would be great if you can also put a paragraph / intro of your build log in the post. In this case, I think a copy of your "abstract" section will do nicely.

Reactions: jamescarter117

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 6, 2020
Generally we don't mind that you link your build log (or any article) from external sources, but it would be great if you can also put a paragraph / intro of your build log in the post. In this case, I think a copy of your "abstract" section will do nicely.
I see, thank you!

fongalv

Caliper Novice
Jan 4, 2021
Hi, I am currently highly considering this case, and was wondering how the "turbulent" cooler fan issue is resolved? I will most likely be looking at the "B" backplate, ie. 53mm clearance for the CPU and naturally the tightest fit would be the AXP-90 53x, will you not recommend this?

May I ask what CPU cooler have you moved on to? I am currently also considering the AXP-90 CU, graphene IS-47K, L9a.

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 6, 2020
Hi 894, can I post your build on our website and post your video on our youtube channel?
Sure bro, feel free to use them. I mean you probably could ask me in one of ZS's qq group chat tho.🤣

Last edited:

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 6, 2020
Hi, I am currently highly considering this case, and was wondering how the "turbulent" cooler fan issue is resolved? I will most likely be looking at the "B" backplate, ie. 53mm clearance for the CPU and naturally the tightest fit would be the AXP-90 53x, will you not recommend this?

May I ask what CPU cooler have you moved on to? I am currently also considering the AXP-90 CU, graphene IS-47K, L9a.
Don't use 53x, the turbulent noise was really really bad if your case will be in your arms reach. I should really update the article..... being lazy tho. I switched to a normal 47k with 9015 Noctua fan. With a few degrees higher than the 53x but now the cat will sleep peacefully next to it.

fongalv

Caliper Novice
Jan 4, 2021
Don't use 53x, the turbulent noise was really really bad if your case will be in your arms reach. I should really update the article..... being lazy tho. I switched to a normal 47k with 9015 Noctua fan. With a few degrees higher than the 53x but now the cat will sleep peacefully next to it.
Hey, no biggie, I've seen your post about the turbulence earlier and have been made aware, its also noted on your Notion Link so I was just trying to understand the issue better.

How are the temps now tho, after flipping and changing to the smaller coolers? Still 70-75C under load? I am all about to pull the trigger on this case, but have been reading about issues with 5600X heating up at a couple of sources and am a little torn as to whether to go with fans(with this case), or to go with WC(and change to a larger case).

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 6, 2020
Hey, no biggie, I've seen your post about the turbulence earlier and have been made aware, its also noted on your Notion Link so I was just trying to understand the issue better.

How are the temps now tho, after flipping and changing to the smaller coolers? Still 70-75C under load? I am all about to pull the trigger on this case, but have been reading about issues with 5600X heating up at a couple of sources and am a little torn as to whether to go with fans(with this case), or to go with WC(and change to a larger case).
Still around the 75C with 47k a single digit degree higher.

During December I have also play with PBO setting in BIOS, the Temp is lower after the PBO setting passed some 3D mark around 60 degree with room temperature 20+ however I didn't monitor the temperature in other use cases because I was satisfied in the most of the application and decided not to look at the temp all the time. And I wasn't even using the 2021 bios. The default PBO power profile is too aggressive at voltages, should change it by yourself to reach a lower temp.If you haven't watch optimum tech's video about PBO2 go watch it, and definitely give it a try after you got your build.

I don't think you need WC for 5600x at all.

Last edited:

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019
Hi @894
Do you think arctic's new 120mm slim fan would fit underneth the MB without adding the washer as you did?
Thanks in advance!

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 6, 2020
Hi @894
Do you think arctic's new 120mm slim fan would fit underneth the MB without adding the washer as you did?
Thanks in advance!
TBH a 12015 is a 12015, I would not take the risk in my 'case'.

but if you are talking about the latest update v3.1, They fixed the 12015 fitment issue.

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019
TBH a 12015 is a 12015, I would not take the risk in my 'case'.

but if you are talking about the latest update v3.1, They fixed the 12015 fitment issue.
Hi
The risk you mean is fan hitting the MB?
No, unfortunately I have the V3

jamescarter117

Chassis Packer
Mar 2, 2020
Still around the 75C with 47k a single digit degree higher.

During December I have also play with PBO setting in BIOS, the Temp is lower after the PBO setting passed some 3D mark around 60 degree with room temperature 20+ however I didn't monitor the temperature in other use cases because I was satisfied in the most of the application and decided not to look at the temp all the time. And I wasn't even using the 2021 bios. The default PBO power profile is too aggressive at voltages, should change it by yourself to reach a lower temp.If you haven't watch optimum tech's video about PBO2 go watch it, and definitely give it a try after you got your build.

I don't think you need WC for 5600x at all.

Why did not you choose the AXP 90 CU (47mm)? IMO, it is a better choice than the IS 47K