GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
If you have a monstrous power supply and don't care about heat/size the FURY is a great deal at 299!!! Especially with the latest Crimson driver. It is somewhere between the 1060 and 1070 on average in DX11, and in DX12 a little closer to the 1070.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Looks like they went with the extra long shroud on this one too. Assuming it's the same form factor and build as their 1070 mini, I believe that will put the card length at 210mm. I was thinking it'd be cool to develop a custom shroud for these Zotac cards. If anyone is interested in doing the CAD work on it, I'd be happy to mill them out for people.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Ugh, dual-slot IO.

I was thinking it'd be cool to develop a custom shroud for these Zotac cards. If anyone is interested in doing the CAD work on it, I'd be happy to mill them out for people.

What about the heatsink and heatpipes? And you have a mill?

Reactions: Soul_Est

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Well the shroud would just be needed to sit over the heatsink. I think if you remove the shroud the card is only like 180 or 190mm. Someone on here recently yanked the shroud to fit on into S4 mini or something if you wanna look around a bit (I can't remember exactly where I saw it).

And yeah, I have a Nomad 883 sitting in my garage which I bought before my third child came along. haven't used it yet, but I imagine it'd be pretty darned easy to CNC out a custom shroud for any of these cards from aluminum sheet.

http://carbide3d.com/nomad/detail/

Reactions: Soul_Est and Phuncz

craigbru

Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006
LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
Wow, I can't wait to see this card in the wild. Very cool indeed. I'm still watiing on AMD's next cards, but I'm excited to see that we've got another option on the table.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Well the shroud would just be needed to sit over the heatsink. I think if you remove the shroud the card is only like 180 or 190mm.

If the 3D model in the press release is accurate it looks like the heatsink extends further than it does on the 1070 Mini they make.

I guess we won't know for sure until they show up for real and not just renders.

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
Interesting that they went with two different fans. It looks like the left fan is optimized more for higher static pressure and the right fan is more for volumetric flow rate.

It looks as though the right fan is also slightly larger than the left fan, too.

It also looks as though the renderings of the heat sink from the front do not jive with that of the back.

Looks shorter when looking from the front...

I'm curious if, once the 1080Ti is launched, whether the 1080 prices will come down like the 980 prices. The Titan X is priced higher this time around, leaving a larger price gap for the 1080Ti to slot into without the need to drop the 1080 prices.

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
An news article has been posted on the subject of the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 MINI.
You can read about it here.
News Post said:
A new king has been crowned! All hail the Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 Mini (ZT-P10800H-10P), based on the GP104 (Pascal) architecture. Complete with 8GB of GDDR5X and 2560 CUDA cores, this fully configured card packs a wallop!

The discussion for that news post will continue in this thread.

Therandomness

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 9, 2016
Hmm.. why not a vapour chamber and denser fin array, like the R9 Nano? Surely that'd allow for the heatsink to be a bit smaller... also, I'd like to have a look at the PCB, because there might be a way to make that smaller, too XD

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
True, but it's hard to design a case around it because most users don't want to take a soldering iron to a $600 video card.
I really do hope there is more singe slot cards out there, that way we can stack the motherboard and gpu together, and cooled the system via water cooling.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
An news article has been posted on the subject of the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 MINI.
You can read about it here.

Just a heads-up: While the connector is indeed not recessed, the card seems to be reference height (crazy, I know), so if you plan swap Gigabytes ITX 1070 for the 1080 Mini, you only need to worry about the extra length.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
There's just something so terribly wrong about using heavy power tools on an expensive GPU. I would also desolder it, just to have a clean removal that can't have short-circuits.