GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
When Zotac is giving us the measurement of their 1070 as 210mm, is that including the bracket overhang, or is it from the back of the I/O to the very end of the card? Just trying to determine if a 210mm card actually needs 210mm of internal space or if there is a couple mm to play with.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Honestly I don't know what they're measuring. Messing around in Photoshop doesn't seem to indicate the 210mm measurement actually lines up with anything that makes sense to me.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
You may make a post asking if anyone already has one to measure, though I don't recall anyone here having one now that I think about it.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
This is amazing. Just last year, a short-PCB 1070 was best you could get. In 2015, the Nano was the best you could get. Hope other AIBs for AMD and NVIDIA continue to release short-PCB cards.

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
So I should just buy one to get measurements then return it?

I posted on this earlier, but for questions like this go to the Newegg product page of the 1070 you're wondering about, hit the 'Q&A' tab halfway down the page (same area as the Reviews tab) and then ask if someone can physically measure from the bottom of the PCI connector to the top of the card, and from the input plugs to the end. I asked about a case I was looking at and had 5 answers the next day. Most useful!

Last edited:

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Pictures in the wild of this card now show it is an over height card just like the 1070 Mini (likely the exact same dimensions)

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Drew has a set of calipers on him so we will get to the bottom of this dimension nonsense before the show is over.

Reactions: iFreilicht

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Do you guys have invites to all the suites--do you need a contact at Zotac? I'm not sure if they have a booth this year...so many companies either skipped or got hotel rooms this year. Last year was bad but 2017 feels like a route. I hope CES isn't dying but I think it is. After two of my partners canceled I dropped my tickets.

Glad you guys are going to find and report on all teh cool SFF stuffs!

Reactions: Phuncz

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Do you have a Zotac contact? I could pass it on to Drew. PM if you need.

craigbru

Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006
LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
Do you guys have invites to all the suites--do you need a contact at Zotac? I'm not sure if they have a booth this year...so many companies either skipped or got hotel rooms this year. Last year was bad but 2017 feels like a route. I hope CES isn't dying but I think it is. After two of my partners canceled I dropped my tickets.

Glad you guys are going to find and report on all teh cool SFF stuffs!

When I went 4 years ago, I was pretty disappointed by the lack of SFF oriented gear in general. On top of that, it seems that the most interesting new stuff was indeed in private invite only suites. At the time, Zotac had a nice booth on the floor. Lian Li and Inwin had decent SFF representation, but it was otherwise a little sparse.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
All I care about is that they managed to make the PCB this short. Everything else is secondary for now.

I'd pay about $50 or $75 extra for this card if necessary, given the development costs of a custom short PCB.

Here's a video of the card being shown from the screenshot posted by @ilovelampshade

TheGooseIsHere

Average Stuffer
Dec 26, 2016
Amazingly small PCB, but it's a shame the heatsink/shroud overlaps so much!. In before Gigabyte makes a version with their ITX heatsink/shroud to make a genuinely SFF 1080 :)

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
ZOTAC isn't on the CES Interactive Map directory so I will have to ask around to see if I can find them. I traveled all 4 Las Vegas convention center halls today and didn't see them.

I really badly want to measure this card.

One of the pictures I saw of the card was in a hotel suite so I just need to find out what Hotel they are staying in.

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
ZOTAC isn't on the CES Interactive Map directory so I will have to ask around to see if I can find them. I traveled all 4 Las Vegas convention center halls today and didn't see them.

I really badly want to measure this card.

One of the pictures I saw of the card was in a hotel suite so I just need to find out what Hotel they are staying in.

It won't be in the Venetian or Palazzo, unless they have an unofficial and unadvertised presence. I went through the Venetian/Sands booths and saw Lian Li (nothing new there) and Daskeyboard (new keyboard coming out with the new 100M clicks switch they've adopted).

Reactions: Phuncz