News Zaber Sentry on Linus

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Yes, just a pity that Linus always want to show its 22 cores and titan xp setup lol...bad thermal in it...hopefully it's better with more reasonable setup

hardcore_gamer

electronbender
Aug 10, 2016
Yes, just a pity that Linus always want to show its 22 cores and titan xp setup lol...bad thermal in it...hopefully it's better with more reasonable setup

Yup. He did the same with DAN A4. However, Linus promised a more practical "review" in the future as they also did with DAN A4.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
As soon as there are less than 7 gpu or 22 cpu cores, it's too easy for Linus...:)

He truly needs to cover both experimental and average load out..:)

Finally the only point I noted from reviews, both dan a4 case and zentry zaber can support 180w gpu efficientely...titan xp with its 250w is throttling or loud...:)

I guess I will stay on a 20l case with lot of cooling for my future vega gaming setup..:) dan a4 case, zentry or lz7 wil remain in living room...:)

hardcore_gamer

electronbender
Aug 10, 2016
Finally the only point I noted from reviews, both dan a4 case and zentry zaber can support 180w gpu efficientely...titan xp with its 250w is throttling or loud...:)

May be it has something to do with the blower type cooler of Titan X Pascal. Sentry recommends:

Expansion card area is also passively vented so we recommend graphics cards with open air cooler for best cooling performance.

Unfortunately, Nvidia doesn't allow its board partners to make custom Titan XPs.

I guess I will stay on a 20l case with lot of cooling for my future vega gaming setup..:) dan a4 case, zentry or lz7 wil remain in living room...:)

I believe Cerberus will be good choice for that. You can even add a second GPU if you wish.

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
Yeah, that's one of the things that annoys me about Linus; he likes to "review" stuff by doing something absolute insane rather than trying to approximate a normal average or high end use case.

Reactions: MJVR1

RenG

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 17, 2016
For me I prefer his review. It is experimental yes. But you will have the absolute max values you that you can put. If he can run the system with that type of hardware then you should be safe on whatever you want to put in the case.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Well, you know, as graphics card, he should have put a good old r9 390x...for sure, with its tdp, it will be the worst case.
I guess Linus want to proof he has these components...but I'm happy for him..:)

Reactions: Phuncz

RenG

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 17, 2016
Can't blame him if he wants to show off. I would do the same i think. lol

Well if you want r9 390x in that small case then you're crazier than linus. Unless you're trying to make a barbecue grill. XD

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
I don't mind him doing crazy stuff for its own sake (the x PCs in one case projects were interesting, and he did a good job explaining why people don't need $5k graphics cards). I just don't think putting crazy stuff inside a case to review it provides as good a review as putting normal stuff inside, and if you REALLY want to test the thermals, use some AMD stuff from a few years ago before they realized producing space heaters was a bad idea.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Linus pretends to be American for his viewership. Damn dirty turncoat.