Image Credit - Linus Tech Tips​

Linus from Linus Tech Tips, seen above being told he's just too old to wear that beanie, has reviewed the Minisforum Elitemini B550. For those that don't recall or don't know, the Elitemini B550 is an AMD AM4 socket based barebones systems that offers expansion for a full size GPU. It does this by connecting to a base and an external power supply. Linus and his crew focused on the 5700G APU, but also tested several other AMD CPUs in the unit. Additionally, he looked at various GPUs.

Check out his video review below.

Reactions: Phuncz

msystems

King of Cable Management
Apr 28, 2017
I love the innovation but the flaw is the dependence on the ATX/SFX psu because it doesn't fit well anywhere and at that point it's no different than just building out a sandwich sff pc.

I wish they designed 12vDC-conversion into their chunky riser and had the option for the user to power it with a 19-20v brick. Either by upgrading to a single larger brick with y-splitter to power the entire system or by purchasing a second brick for the gpu specifically.

But anyway, I applaud the innovation because it might push Asrock to consider putting an x16 edge on their STX boards. More competition in the mini PC space is good.

Reactions: Revenant

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I love the innovation but the flaw is the dependence on the ATX/SFX psu because it doesn't fit well anywhere and at that point it's no different than just building out a sandwich sff pc.

I wish they designed 12vDC-conversion into their chunky riser and had the option for the user to power it with a 19-20v brick. Either by upgrading to a single larger brick with y-splitter to power the entire system or by purchasing a second brick for the gpu specifically.

But anyway, I applaud the innovation because it might push Asrock to consider putting an x16 edge on their STX boards. More competition in the mini PC space is good.

I think they missed an opportunity. If they had made it use modules for the GPUs that were a matte plastic with no cables, it would have looked damn amazing.