Concept Z-Cases IQ Touch

FXPC

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 29, 2021
www.fxcustompc.com
Hello everyone!

As you may all know, we have recently purchased the rights to the Z-Case P50 and have been extensively working on our newest concept for the SSF case.

We wanted to share with you a little teaser for our newest line or case, the Z-Case IQ Touch.

We have managed to integrate a a 12” touchscreen onto the front of the case, allowing users to adjust RGB lighting, fan speeds, view vital temps, along with custom RGB simulated case fans.

We have the CAD design finished for this project and are in the prototype phase and will soon also be working on the custom software for the case. The software will most likely be open sourced and we intent on having a community forum where users can upload their own scripts and modify the screen in any way they wish.

Stay tuned for updates and looking forward to launching this newest case for you guys!

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
I will say that is a strange size of touch screen/monitor. Also how will the touch screen interface with the pc? Or is it using its own controller to adjust fans/ pump ect.

FXPC

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 29, 2021
www.fxcustompc.com
I will say that is a strange size of touch screen/monitor. Also how will the touch screen interface with the pc? Or is it using its own controller to adjust fans/ pump ect.
The touchscreen will use an open source software we are working on right now that will allow for adjustments of the pc case fans, internal rgb lighting, and much more.

FXPC

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 29, 2021
www.fxcustompc.com
Whoa this looks very cool. Curious how WC friendly this would be though.
Thanks so much! We are considering making this WC friendly. We would have to increase the size of the case quite a bit though. Would everyone still be down for this case if we did a larger prototype?

Bumfezzler

Caliper Novice
Oct 23, 2021
This case looks amazing; I'd love to see more angles.

Thanks so much! We are considering making this WC friendly. We would have to increase the size of the case quite a bit though. Would everyone still be down for this case if we did a larger prototype?
I would be interested to see how much larger it would have to be to fit a 120 or 240 aio. Would it be possible to cram something behind the gpu? I'm assuming dual slot gpu's wouldn't be too much of a limitation, but I'm not sure what dimensions you're working with.

Reactions: FXPC

FXPC

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 29, 2021
www.fxcustompc.com
This case looks amazing; I'd love to see more angles.

I would be interested to see how much larger it would have to be to fit a 120 or 240 aio. Would it be possible to cram something behind the gpu? I'm assuming dual slot gpu's wouldn't be too much of a limitation, but I'm not sure what dimensions you're working with.
Thanks so much, more angles are surely coming your way soon!

As for the AIO, a 240 might be a little hard to fit without some serious modifications but I feel like we could get creative and possibly get a 120 without going too much larger.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
That looks like a cool idea, but I also agree that it could improve on the airflow to make it better than the original design.

The touchscreen layout also doesn't look strange, at least to me. This is very possible with two OLED panels roughly 5" in size in vertical orientation. Or one of those small ultra-wide panels.

Controllr1

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 7, 2022
How's the prototype coming along? I wouldn't mind if it had both the narrow front panel display and the original CPU cooler display (from the July concept). Also, thermals could be better served if the larger side panels had holes instead of just being plain.

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
Would you do a slim down version with mesh panel and w/o the touchscreen? I'd imagine the touch screen version will be expensive and out of reach for many people.
I would have to agree whole heartedly. This case, in it's current iteration, would be ultra premium. However, as a builder, if I attempt to install ultra premium components in this, it would throttle and produce a lot of noise.

Mesh side panel, glass front with optional display, vented top, vented back panel behind the GPU..... possibly some slim exhaust fans..... that's what I would like to see.

JournaL

Caliper Novice
May 4, 2017
I would like support for SFX (and SFX-L) PSU, and longer frame to support larger graphic cards in addition to the suggestions mentioned above. USBC cut out would also be nice. The RTX 3090 I had didn’t fit into the P50 along with various 3080 and AMD cards due to length issues. I ended up having to convert it into a water cooled build, as the backplate fit into the case. My enhance flex PSU can only handle so much (had to severely undervolt and underpower my 3090 to get it running stable) and with future video cards being more power hungry, SFX or even ATX PSUs will be needed to support the demand.

Mashndrow

Caliper Novice
Mar 27, 2022
Hello everyone!

As you may all know, we have recently purchased the rights to the Z-Case P50 and have been extensively working on our newest concept for the SSF case.

We wanted to share with you a little teaser for our newest line or case, the Z-Case IQ Touch.

We have managed to integrate a a 12” touchscreen onto the front of the case, allowing users to adjust RGB lighting, and fan speeds, and view vital temps, along with custom RGB simulated case fans.

We have the CAD design finished for this project and are in the prototype phase and will soon also be working on the custom software for the case. The software will most likely be open-sourced and we intend on having a community forum where users can upload their scripts and modify the screen in any way they wish.

Stay tuned for updates and looking forward to launching this newest case for you guys!

I'm really curious about the display's dimension and how you manage to get it to work. Because it's a really specific dimension and it'll probably cost more than it should be but if you guys figured it out I don't see any issue in there though, I want to know how that worked out.

Lastly, how did the display works? Which port do you plug it into work?

Thank you.