Status
Not open for further replies.

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
I think it looks really good and should work well, does that mean you have 58mm cooler clearance with the 24mm spacer?
In theory, yes!
But remember that any CPU cooler >50mm will be taller than the chassis itself. Because of that, I don't know if we will recommend it, as it would be too confusing for the user.
Just in case we decide to test it, what 50-60mm height coolers have the best performance?

that looks pretty cool, what about the price ?
Prices are not final yet, but we are thinking:

- $220 for the Case Bundle (includes Case + All needed accessories);
- $335 for the PSU Bundle (Case + Accessories + Custom 600w Silent 80+ Platinum PSU);
- $395 for the Complete Bundle (Case + Accessories + PSU + Cryorig C7 Cu and 2x 60mm Noctua fans);

Do you think these prices are good?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
In theory, yes!
But remember that any CPU cooler >50mm will be taller than the chassis itself. Because of that, I don't know if we will recommend it, as it would be too confusing for the user.
Just in case we decide to test it, what 50-60mm height coolers have the best performance?
I think one of the best you will get at that height is the Scythe Big Shuriken 2 at 58mm, that is why I was curious about max cooler height.

BanTime

Cable Smoosher
Jul 14, 2018
In theory, yes!

Prices are not final yet, but we are thinking:

- $220 for the Case Bundle (includes Case + All needed accessories);
- $335 for the PSU Bundle (Case + Accessories + Custom 600w Silent 80+ Platinum PSU);
- $395 for the Complete Bundle (Case + Accessories + PSU + Cryorig C7 Cu and 2x 60mm Noctua fans);

I would do a solid 200 for the case bundle, for the psu bundle 320 and for complete bundle 380, but I dont know how much all the parts costs, but I guess that would be a good price, but maybe im wrong, we will see it :)

Reactions: BernardoZ

rifter

Caliper Novice
Oct 26, 2017
The psu and complete bundles look about right for the price, the case only might be a little high. Will it be possible to buy the custom psus by themselves for maybe $150? I have some flex atx cases that I have been searching for a flex atx psu for, since seasonic doesn't appear likely to be releasing their platinum flex models anytime soon.

AstroWan

Caliper Novice
Apr 14, 2016
Wow this case looks amazing, only found out about today and super excited to see how it turns out as I've been waiting to ditch my Lian Li for something much cleaner. Do you have any estimated time for when you'll start the crowd funding and when cases will be shipped?

jho

Efficiency Noob
Mar 28, 2018
This looks very nice in every possible way, good job!

Any plans to make a version without gpu slot at all in the future? Would be quite cool to make APU builds into such case.

I'm not sure if this is possible, but would be nice to have crowdfunding that lowers the product price when more and more people pay for the case.

I'm probably dreaming, but I mean something like this;

200 orders - case price $220
400 orders - case price $200
1000 orders - case price $170

AstroWan

Caliper Novice
Apr 14, 2016

Any plans to make a version without gpu slot at all in the future? Would be quite cool to make APU builds into such case.

I'm not sure if this is possible, but would be nice to have crowdfunding that lowers the product price when more and more people pay for the case.

Honestly I think that'd be amazing if we could have a pricing style like that, but on a side note, if you did something without a gpu, what you could do is plan out a small custom loop at the bottom of the case where the gpu is to cool the apu and even provide a mild OC.

Last edited:
Reactions: jho and BernardoZ

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Sorry for the lack of updates guys. I've been sick for the last 2 weeks, feeling a bit better now. :)

Will it be possible to buy the custom psus by themselves for maybe $150? I have some flex atx cases that I have been searching for a flex atx psu for, since seasonic doesn't appear likely to be releasing their platinum flex models anytime soon.

Yes, of course. We plan to sell the Custom Flex PSUS on our website later this year, probably even cheaper than that. But we don't want to sell the psu prototypes, as we are not sure how will be their quality yet. So I suggest you wait we full release it.

Wow this case looks amazing, only found out about today and super excited to see how it turns out as I've been waiting to ditch my Lian Li for something much cleaner. Do you have any estimated time for when you'll start the crowd funding and when cases will be shipped?

Thanks for your interest! Kickstarter will probably be in September, and if we succeed, we want to ship in February 2019. I'll confirm these info in a few days, when we make the full reveal.

Thanks for the words!
We have lots of case ideas, but that's for the future; We will focus only on the P50 this year. But that's a good one, we will consider it for sure.

I really don't think these prices will be possible, as we have a lot to account for. I'll check the possibility.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I have a question for you all: How was shipping handled on previous SFF Kickstarter projects? (Ncase, DanA4, Ghost)
I didn't have the chance to back any of them, and their project pages only say "Ships to...". But I coudn't find if it was included in the price they asked, or if it was charged separately after the campaign. XD

Last edited:

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Also, I have a question for you all: How was shipping handled on previous SFF Kickstarter projects? (Ncase, DanA4, Ghost)
I didn't have the chance to back any of them, and their project pages only say "Ships to...". But I coudn't find if it was included in the price they asked, or if it was charged separately after the campaign. XD

Anyone, please? We really need to know this to figure out our prices...

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Anyone, please? We really need to know this to figure out our prices...

If you want to be seen as a true community oriented company, then first of all you should always be fair with your clients. It means you shouldn't make such false advertising like "free shipping". There is no such thing. Everyone knows that the price is higher for the product itself to compensate the price of transport. Respect your clients and they will respect you.

Secondly, there are usually 2 approaches of picking shipping company:
1) cheap and in most of the cases a slow one (usually the national post courier),
2) expensive but quite fast (usually some courier companies like DHL, TNT, etc.).

Before our indiegogo campaign (we also made small project here), we asked people what form of transport they prefer. The answer at that time was something like "we waited 2 years, we can wait few weeks longer - make it cheaper". In that case we picked option no1. For export (outside EU) we used the cheapest form of transport, but the one which included online tracking and insurance (National Post courier) and inside EU we were able to pick fast courier for similar or even lower price. While internal transport was usually OK, the export packages sometimes were delivered after 3 months while company claimed 4-6 weeks (yes, that was sea shipping). Many people were very angry because of that fact, so after campaign we decided we will check if we can work with some other company, but from the option no2.

To check if we can make our delivery faster, we contacted with DHL, because we wanted to makea "small test-pre-order sale". We were talking several weeks and we received individual offer. It was 2-4 times higher than our prices during indiegogo campaign. We were not sure if that was a right way but we gave it a try. And it looks like people accepted it. What is more, over 70% of people received their packages within 3 days and in 7 days everyone had his package (ok, except one guy in Russia, because his package was returned, because Russia doesn't accept fast courier packages from Poland, but only postal economic ones). The best result was transport from Poland to US (NY) - 18 hours since courier picked packages. During indiegogo campaign our supporters had to wait several weeks for the package while in our later test campaign we reduced this time to days or sometimes to hours. The feedback from our backers was: "If I had to wait several weeks, it's great I could pick more expensive option".

Now you have to decide what option is better for your project. Did you make any straw poll or something like that to check if your future backers prefer cheaper or faster but more expensive transport? Try talking with people about this problem, because you won't solve it in just few hours before campaign.

Oh, and one more thing. Yes. Overseas packages can cost from $25 USD for 5kg cheap shipping to sometimes over $100 USD for faster courier. In advance inform your future clients about it, and maybe before picking the final option (on indiegogo you could only pick one price for shipping per country, so tbh client didn't have any option while making order), make some poll to check if the high cost of transport won't kill your product campaign.

I hope this will help you a little bit :)

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
@ZombiPL Thanks a lot for the info sir, it helped indeed ;)

@Everyone Revision 3 prototypes (made by Jonsbo) are ready, and they look awesome!
More to come next week, keep an eye :D

Last edited:

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Hey guys!

Time for "full reveal": please check our 1st post, it has been updated after 6 months of progress.

If possible, leave a comment. Any insights, tips?

sfxbajan

Average Stuffer
Dec 4, 2017
Hey, jonsbo makes good quality cases so that is a very good step forward.

I don't know if anyone else has this opinion but to me the top vents don't compliment the design aesthetics of this case. Other than that good luck and looking forwards to seeing more.

Noiceman2055

What's an ITX?
Aug 29, 2018
I think the 1st bundle isn't an great option because it's an pàin to find the correct power supply and the bundle with the psu option should probably be under 250 USD thanks and maybe support for aio coolers idk if it's possible but maybe look into it through some bracket idk. Then I'd probably buy it even without my suggestions :p

Status
Not open for further replies.