Motherboard X570 ITX Motherboard Review Thread.

Rich Tea

Trash Compacter
Oct 4, 2019
Guys,
do you know what's are the speeds of the (fast) usb ports on the Gigabyte's x570 ITX MoBo?
There seems to be some chaos with the usb versioning (incl. on their own docs) so I'm not sure if there's a USB 3.2 (ie gen 2) port with a 20Gbps speed, or if it's only a gen1 and thus 10Gbps only.
I've literally just bought this board, like 1 hour ago.
The back of the retail box states
1*USB 3.2 Gen2 with USB Type-C support + 1*USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-A + 6*USB 3.2 Gen1 + 2*USB 2.0

However in the manual
Intergrated in the CPU:
4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports on the back panel
Intergrated in the Chipset:
1 x USB Type-C port on the back panel, with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A ports (red) on the back panel
2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports available through the internal USB headers
2 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports available through the internal USB headers

inspection of the rear panel labelling does seem to agree with the manual. Don't know if this helps.

ckaym

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2018
Thanks Rich,
The info you pointed out was pretty much the source of my confusion :)
But if I got it right there's no difference between "3.2 Gen2" & "3.1 Gen2", they should both be at 10Gbps
And the 20Gbps apparently isn't just "3.2 Gen2" but "3.2 Gen2x2", which as far as my research goes is still not available on ITX MoBos

... as a smart guy once said:
The good thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.”

davbojic

Cable Smoosher
Jul 23, 2019
Does anyone have Asus impact?
I am interested but I'm afraid of PCH temperatures. (https://www.expreview.com/70512.html)
Tests on the network are not reliable, usually they report temperature VRM.
PCH temperatures are skipped (for obvious reasons?) ...
Can any of you tell me what temperatures PCH reaches in idle and load?
Are the fans noisy?
I just finish build in my Ncase M1 with ROG Strix X570-I Gaming and Ryzen 3900x. Everything is silent but PCH fan after 30 min. have around 5000-6000 RPM. Motherboards temparatute is around 40-45C. I have Corsair AIO 240 cooling and I have to put those fan and pump to Balanced mode in Icue software (before they are in quiet mode). After that I got lower RPM but still around 4600-5000RMP. Everything higher than 5000RPM is audibly. My Ryzen is OC to 4,25MHz and everything is cool and silent execept this fan. I was trying to change settings in Q-fan in BIOS but without success. My BIOS dont recognize CPU fan (because fans are attached on the cooler so cpu fan header is empty). I was trying change settings in BIOS with CHASIS fun... then optimization by BIOS...ignore PCH fan monitoring...but not succes. I touched my VRM shield but is not so hoot. I remove all usb from the back where is PCH fan to lower usb on motherboard. If I will manage get this fan around 4000RPM then is almost inaudible. MY build:

mweis

Trash Compacter
Jan 2, 2020
@davbojic

here is a dude doing modded bios for this board

he enables the feature to control the 2 fans on the mobo and some other thingys

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Does anyone have a suggestion on which x570 itx board to buy?
Depends on your budget. The Asus ROG Strix X570-I Gaming seems to be the go-to high end board (with the Crossfire being complete overkill unless you have the money to burn or do LN2 overclocking), but a lot of people seem happy with the Aorus one too, which should be cheaper and doesn't really lose much in terms of features. It also doesn't box in low profile air coolers as much as the Asus. The Asrock has Thunderbolt, which is cool, but also has just one m.2 slot and uses the Intel cooler mount, which can lead to some (minor) compatibility issues. I've yet to hear of anything really bad about any of them, so pick what you like and can afford.

dorall

Trash Compacter
Oct 2, 2018
is x570 itx STRiX really worse with lower profile coolers? i am just interested whether the air gets trapped. boxed...
I am debating between gigabyte aorus and strix which is a bit more expensive. So far Asus has a tiny bit more efficient VRM but it is meaningless for processors up 8-10 cores... really small difference unless one runs overlcoked 3950x. Though I like Asus theme and bios... Would be interesting to know if gigabyte bios does not lack anything and has no bugs

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
is x570 itx STRiX really worse with lower profile coolers? i am just interested whether the air gets trapped. boxed...
I can't remember if I've actually seen numbers on this (though if they exist, they do on these forums!) but the Strix does have a huge heatsink-m.2 drive-audio daughterboard combo sticking out between the CPU and PCIe slot, so it definitely does box in coolers more. How much of an effect this has on cooling is another question entirely, of course. Might be a lot, might be negligible. Probably depends on the cooler too.