Motherboard X570 ITX Motherboard Review Thread.

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Nov 22, 2017
As soon as someone gets the Gigabyte X570 ITX, could you please post pictures of the M.2 drive installation process? I'd like to see the board without the included heatsink/fan mounted. I've been searching but have found nothing.

I did a build before I saw this post. There really isn't anything to see or concern yourself with other than if you planned to somehow remove it completely. If that's the case I'd advise against it. the chipset die is directly below the M.2 socket. The design is clunky but it does work. I see chipset temps of 50c and I can't hear the chipset fan at all. It would probably run fine without the top part of the assembly in place with and NVME cooler and some airflow.
For Black Ridge users looking for ways to use the board this may work fine as long as you don't run into the crushing motherboard IC's issue with the mounting mechanism like on the Gigabyte B450 I.

I will try it with a Black Ridge V 2.0 when I remove the Big Shuriken 3 I have on it now to swap out the 3600 I've been testing with a 3700x I have arriving tomorrow.

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Nov 22, 2017
That's honestly pretty disingenuous of them to say it has 3 headers when one is dedicated to an integral part of the board. It's not hugely problematic, but seeing as I'll have 4 fans in my next build I'd like to be able to individually control the top 2 and bottom 2 fans while also having an AIO pump plugged in. I suppose if I wanted I could just plug the AIO directly to the PSU since it only runs at one speed (12V) anyway.

Is there a general consensus as to which ITX board looks the best? Buildzoid had a lot of good things to say about the VRM on the Gigabyte board, but I haven't heard anything about the others.

We know nothing about the other boards other than pictures and there are no samples in the hands of reviewers atm.
Could be a month or two before we see the Asus and Asrock boards.

I've enjoyed playing with this Gigabyte board it's really solid, the bios is much improved over the old hated Gigabyte bios.
You don't even need x570 unless you want to run multiple NVME drives and still retain 16x on the PCI-E slot.

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
We know nothing about the other boards other than pictures and there are no samples in the hands of reviewers atm.
Could be a month or two before we see the Asus and Asrock boards.

I've enjoyed playing with this Gigabyte board it's really solid, the bios is much improved over the old hated Gigabyte bios.
You don't even need x570 unless you want to run multiple NVME drives and still retain 16x on the PCI-E slot.
so 2 nvme drives doesnt reduce the bandwidth to x8?

Abbie Doobie

Cable Smoosher
Oct 1, 2017
Any news on the Asus Impact x570 dtx board? I've been curious if the Noctua C14 will block the m.2 riser card.

edit: nevermind, comparing image of the dtx board with where the C14 sits in my own case, it is pretty clear that the C14 will bump into the m.2 riser card.

Last edited:

SoulTribunal

Caliper Novice
May 19, 2019
As soon as someone gets the Gigabyte X570 ITX, could you please post pictures of the M.2 drive installation process? I'd like to see the board without the included heatsink/fan mounted. I've been searching but have found nothing.

I can't figure out how to post pictures but it's just two heatsinks stacked on one another. The bottom one is attached to the chipset and the other holds the 30mm(?) fan, and is screwed into the bottom one. The M.2 drive sits in between the two heatsinks and does not make contact with them at all (the heatsinks form a cage around it essentially). As such, M.2 Drives with the beefy preinstalled heatsinks like the latest pcie4 ones will fit no problem.

You might not be able to hear it but honestly I can't stand the chipset fan, it's quite audible in my dan A4 with it's grating tone and I hate that you can't tweak the fan profile for it in the current BIOS. I've been considering forgoing the top M.2 connector in favor of the back mounted one so I could replace the chipset heatsink with a proper passive one, or maybe I'll jerry rig a 40mm Noctua fan to replace it.

performancecomputer

Chassis Packer
Jun 19, 2019
www.performance-computer.com
Hey scatterforce I know this is a bit late but we just put up our review of this board and have a few pics of the heatsink removed. You can see them here: https://www.performance-computer.com/reviews/gigabyte-x570-i-aorus-pro-wifi/

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019

It´s all interesting as always but from min 25:35 he focus on gigabyte x570 itx power delivery

McAdam

What's an ITX?
Sep 6, 2019
Signed up just to post this:

I purchased this board, along with the Aorus Gen4 NVME and had a major disappointment.

You can not fit both the NVMe and Chipset cooler/heatsink together. the NVMe heatsink is too high, forcing you to abandon the chipset cooler/sink combo.
Doing that will result in both NVMe and Chipset temps sitting in mid to high 60s at IDLE.
I drove to CaseKing and met with a couple of the guys there, after about an hour we couldnt find any solution but they took some photos and will email their Gigabyte Rep.

I purchased some Noctua 40mm fans and will attempt to mount things in some way.

Disconnecting the chipset fan does throw a "PCH Fan Error" sometimes when you enter Bios, but other than that I havent experienced any other issues.
Obviously I havent OC'd the 3700x I have in there, but once I get chipset/NVMe temps down a bit I might give it a go.
Memory was very very easily overclocked to 3733CL16 using some Crucial Ballastix 3200c16 kits.

Also... Note that thechipset heatsink is not meant to touch the NVMe despite the included thermal pad in the box.
Frankly its a terrible design. theres about 3-5mm of gap between a naked NVMe and the top heatsink part.... which also has a fan....

Some photos of my issue.

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Thats really unfortunate... I have the same board and was going to buy that nvme next week... it´d be great if you put some info here regarding that issue.

Me, I have a black ridge cou cooler which is not compatible with this motherboard, I have put two noctua 40x10 fans over the chipset heatsink and myc chipset sits at 51º degrees normally. My fans are attached to the heatsink, but anyway the solution is "good".

Idle2824

Average Stuffer
Apr 26, 2018
Signed up just to post this:

I purchased this board, along with the Aorus Gen4 NVME and had a major disappointment.

You can not fit both the NVMe and Chipset cooler/heatsink together. the NVMe heatsink is too high, forcing you to abandon the chipset cooler/sink combo.
Doing that will result in both NVMe and Chipset temps sitting in mid to high 60s at IDLE.
I drove to CaseKing and met with a couple of the guys there, after about an hour we couldnt find any solution but they took some photos and will email their Gigabyte Rep.

I purchased some Noctua 40mm fans and will attempt to mount things in some way.

Disconnecting the chipset fan does throw a "PCH Fan Error" sometimes when you enter Bios, but other than that I havent experienced any other issues.
Obviously I havent OC'd the 3700x I have in there, but once I get chipset/NVMe temps down a bit I might give it a go.
Memory was very very easily overclocked to 3733CL16 using some Crucial Ballastix 3200c16 kits.

Also... Note that thechipset heatsink is not meant to touch the NVMe despite the included thermal pad in the box.
Frankly its a terrible design. theres about 3-5mm of gap between a naked NVMe and the top heatsink part.... which also has a fan....

Some photos of my issue.

Huh.

I was planning to get the same mobo + nvme ssd combo. There was even a video addressing this specific issue and showing that it fits. Here at 4:35. I wonder why your experience is different.

Seandre

What's an ITX?
Jul 27, 2019
Thats really unfortunate... I have the same board and was going to buy that nvme next week... it´d be great if you put some info here regarding that issue.

Me, I have a black ridge cou cooler which is not compatible with this motherboard, I have put two noctua 40x10 fans over the chipset heatsink and myc chipset sits at 51º degrees normally. My fans are attached to the heatsink, but anyway the solution is "good".

I'm looking to replace the noisy chipset fan with a similar solution. May I ask, how did you attach the noctua fans to the chipset, exactly?

MPP

Cable Smoosher
Sep 11, 2017
What dimensions does this fan have on a chipset - 30x30 or 40x40 ?

Anyone knows what the fans on the ASUS ROG Strix X570-I Gaming board I can't find information anywhere.

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
Reactions: Paradyme

MPP

Cable Smoosher
Sep 11, 2017
Thanks for answer... so fast ;)
I've thought that is 40x40 so it can be changed to noiseblocker (XM2) easily..
I'm very worry about PCH temps. I've had asus X370-i but it had PCH temp 61C during desktop and peak to 77 during playing it's insane.
Very small heatsink grill my SSD M.2 and I sold it sh.t.
I've AsRock Z390-i Phantom + i9-9900K and this mobo has great temps.
I think about change back to AMD...

Last edited: