Cooling Wraith Stealth height?

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
Just to confirm, the Wraith Spire is 53.4 mm and not 70 mm as some here have initially suggested? I would be trying to fit this into a RVZ02.
I'll answer my own question: AMD support staff answered incorrectly. The Wraith Spire is roughly 67 to 70mm. I measured it and then tried installing it in my Silverstone Raven RVZ02 case (which has a 65mm clearance in reality, 58 mm officially) and it failed to fit. The Wraith Spire is not a winning small form factor heatsink by any stretch of the imagination. So it looks like an ID-Cooling IS-60 in combination with a Delta 120 mm PWM fan is the way I will be going.

EDIT: Actually, the RGB LED fixture pops right off the top, making it a perfect fit as advertised. It worked for me and I even switched the fan orientation with some long screws. See here where someone else performed all of this successfully:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/5zd5r9/removed_the_upper_part_of_the_wraith_spire_cooler/

Last edited:

Verb

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 21, 2017
I'll answer my own question: AMD support staff answered incorrectly. The Wraith Spire is roughly 67 to 70mm. I measured it and then tried installing it in my Silverstone Raven RVZ02 case (which has a 65mm clearance in reality, 58 mm officially) and it failed to fit. The Wraith Spire is not a winning small form factor heatsink by any stretch of the imagination. So it looks like an ID-Cooling IS-60 in combination with a Delta 120 mm PWM fan is the way I will be going.

EDIT: Actually, the RGB LED fixture pops right off the top, making it a perfect fit as advertised. It worked for me and I even switched the fan orientation with some long screws. See here where someone else performed all of this successfully:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/5zd5r9/removed_the_upper_part_of_the_wraith_spire_cooler/

I am also working on RVZ02 and found Wraith Spire is too tall so I cannot close the case cover. you mentioned the LED cover can be popped off the top so it can fit nd close the case cover, right? Can you enlighten me how to pop it off? Thanks.

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
I am also working on RVZ02 and found Wraith Spire is too tall so I cannot close the case cover. you mentioned the LED cover can be popped off the top so it can fit nd close the case cover, right? Can you enlighten me how to pop it off? Thanks.
A flat head screwdriver should do the trick. Just pry it underneath and ease it up gradually around the bottom until it pops off all around. Also remember to unplug the LED cable. Later on, I can try uploading some photos of it removed so you can get an idea of what you're pulling off. Somewhat related, I will be receiving a Delta 92mm fan (Delta AFC0912D-PWM 92mm Case Cooler) which should allow me to do 3.7-3.8 GHz up from my current 3.6 GHz clock. 3.6 GHz overclock (1.2V core voltage with my unit) appears to be the practical limit of the Ryzen 7 1700 and a stock Wraith Spire in the RVZ02.

Last edited:

Verb

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 21, 2017
A flat head screwdriver should do the trick. Just pry it underneath and ease it up gradually around the bottom until it pops off all around. Also remember to unplug the LED cable. Later on, I can try uploading some photos of it removed so you can get an idea of what you're pulling off. Somewhat related, I will be receiving a Delta 92mm fan (Delta AFC0912D-PWM 92mm Case Cooler) which should allow me to do 3.7-3.8 GHz up from my current 3.6 GHz clock. 3.6 GHz overclock (1.2V core voltage with my unit) appears to be the practical limit of the Ryzen 7 1700 and a stock Wraith Spire in the RVZ02.
Thanks, I have popped it off and now is running it.

Reactions: Hifihedgehog

blackhaus99

Chassis Packer
Jun 27, 2017
I can also confirm the heatsink plus fan is 70mm. It's about 2.75 inches to the top of the fan. I've ordered a Noctua to replace it.

Thestarkiller32

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2017
Hi Hifihedgehog, can you post a Picture of the Spire installt in the RVZ02?
i´m planning a Build and i´m quite nerves if it would fit or not... :\

thanks.;)

Thestarkiller32

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2017
Thanks for posting since I am on vacation currently. I just got a ID Cooling IS-60 plus a 120-mm Delta fan which comes in at 65 mm tall and it fits just barely. I will do my best to get a photo posted of it in my own RVZ02 AM4 build shortly.
thank you ☺

Can you give us an information about your temps?

-Wraith Spire Stock
-IS-60 Stock / DeltaFan

(C7<Spire<IS-60)?

...and should i replace the pre applied Thermal paste with MasterGel Maker NANO or something else?

Last edited:

cadiguno

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 18, 2016

Might be late, but I think the AMD support staff answered correctly. The 53.4mm height was for Wraith STEALTH, not SPIRE.

Thestarkiller32

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2017
Might be late, but I think the AMD support staff answered correctly. The 53.4mm height was for Wraith STEALTH, not SPIRE.

The Bair Coolingblock of the Spire should be about ~ 41mm tall + the Cooler Master Silencio Fan is 90x90x25mm and about 4mm for The AMD Schrout on top.

= 70mm tall :confused:

The Stealth Schuld be than 25mm Heatsink / 25mm Fan + 4mm Schrout.

= 54mm tall ;)

Last edited:

RedArt

Caliper Novice
Aug 27, 2017
Hello,

Im about to build an itx Ryzen system and im struggling to decide for which case to go between RVZ02 / 03. Mainly because I cant fit the Wraith Spire Cooler of the R5 1600 in the 02.

I see you guys here found a solution, could you please tell me how are the temps with this mod in the RVZ02? Also I read that when the cooler is too close the the case, almoust touching it you can have a considerably jump in noise. Did you experience any of that?

Thanks in advance

Thestarkiller32

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2017
Hello,

Im about to build an itx Ryzen system and im struggling to decide for which case to go between RVZ02 / 03. Mainly because I cant fit the Wraith Spire Cooler of the R5 1600 in the 02.

I see you guys here found a solution, could you please tell me how are the temps with this mod in the RVZ02? Also I read that when the cooler is too close the the case, almoust touching it you can have a considerably jump in noise. Did you experience any of that?

Thanks in advance
Hi, i'm also waiting for that information to arrive...

I have to go with the RVZ02, because it got a window and the needet ODD Slot.

The Wraith Spire is a relatifly good cooler and there arend many for AM4 with the required size that could handle the TDP....and its free :p

Last edited:

RedArt

Caliper Novice
Aug 27, 2017
Hi, i'm also waiting for that information to arrive...

I have to go with the RVZ02, because it got a window and the needet ODD Slot.

The Wraith Spire is a relatifly good cooler and there arend many for AM4 with the required size that could handle the TDP....and its free :p

Hello.

What do you think about the RVZ03 (and his previous RVZ01) having fans and 3 spots on the chassis to use them? Maybe better air intake?

Yea there arent many atm, especially for higher TDP... I mean if you buy a cooler you might aswell pick an X processor. Only one I saw is the Noctua NH-L9x65 but it says 84 TDP and they say to be careful with higher tdps and oc, so...

When are you going to build your system?

Thestarkiller32

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2017
Hello.

What do you think about the RVZ03 (and his previous RVZ01) having fans and 3 spots on the chassis to use them? Maybe better air intake?

Yea there arent many atm, especially for higher TDP... I mean if you buy a cooler you might aswell pick an X processor. Only one I saw is the Noctua NH-L9x65 but it says 84 TDP and they say to be careful with higher tdps and oc, so...

When are you going to build your system?
I dont like the openings all over the case, it looks like an after phart...

The R5 1600 and the 1600X are the same chip with a different baseclock, they are bouth unlockt and the 1600X is simply binnt to run @ 4.0 GHz boost.

The NH-L9X65 will fit in the RVZ02 but the Fan is to Weak for this szenario :/ ... the Spire hase a 90x90x25mm SP Fan

I will build it in 2 Monts or so, it depents on the custema :)

Last edited:
Reactions: morj

RedArt

Caliper Novice
Aug 27, 2017
I dont like the openings all over the case, it looks like an after phart...

The R5 1600 and the 1600X are the same chip with a different baseclock, they are bouth unlockt and the 1600X is simply binnt to run @ 4.0 GHz boost.

The NH-L9X65 will fit in the RVZ02 but the Fan is to Weak for this szenario :/ ... the Spire hase a 90x90x25mm SP Fan

I will build it in 2 Monts or so, it depents on the custema :)

Yes they are the same chip but you wont reach the same oc on the 1600 and most important in slim cases you have limited oc power anyway. 1600 is the best option if you plan to use the stock cooler.

That picture is with the NH-L9X65 in the RVZ02?

Thestarkiller32

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2017
Yes they are the same chip but you wont reach the same oc on the 1600 and most important in slim cases you have limited oc power anyway. 1600 is the best option if you plan to use the stock cooler.

That picture is with the NH-L9X65 in the RVZ02?
No, its a NF-F12 iPPC fan on a 40mm aircooler

blackhakw

What's an ITX?
New User
Aug 31, 2017
Hey Guys, can anyone confirm the actual fan dimensions on the wraith stealth ?
Is it a 92mm fan with bolt openings like on a 80mm ?
What is the mounting hole spacing for the wraith stealth fan ? (approx. center to center)

Last edited: