• Discord?! We've had a Discord server for a while, but now we've opened it up to folks who aren't members of our fantastic community forum. Join our discussions by clicking the "Discord" button on the side menu!!

Cooling Wraith Stealth in the Node 202?

JosephEK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Mar 6, 2017
If I get the Node 202 I will have to get an R5 1400 so I can get the Wraith Stealth so the cooler can fit. This would be replacing my i5 3450 that I use with my RX 460. It's still going to be some time before I replace that GPU, Volta/Navi at the earliest.

How would a Wraith Stealth function in the Node 202? Is a purely aluminum cooler enough to keep it comfortable in such a small area?

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
As I read, it's better than intel stock cooler. With only 65watt tdp cpu, it will handle the job I guess.
What's the height of the cooler btw?

JosephEK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Mar 6, 2017
As I read, it's better than intel stock cooler. With only 65watt tdp cpu, it will handle the job I guess.
What's the height of the cooler btw?

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/wraith-stealth-height.1952/

arth_d

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 9, 2017
I have a Node 202 and am running a Wraith Spire Cooler with a Cryorig C7 fan on top of it. Fits in a node 202 just fine.
It does a good job cooling as well. I have an R7 1700 Overclocked to 3.7ghz and temps sit at 28 degrees idle and at around 70 degrees C during Aida 64 Stability test. I would recommend this combo for sure. You can pick a a Spire cooler on ebay for like 15 bucks. But for a 1400 if it comes with the stealth id just use that instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: JosephEK

JosephEK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Mar 6, 2017
I have a Node 202 and am running a Wraith Spire Cooler with a Cryorig C7 fan on top of it. Fits in a node 202 just fine.
It does a good job cooling as well. I have an R7 1700 Overclocked to 3.7ghz and temps sit at 28 degrees idle and at around 70 degrees C during Aida 64 Stability test. I would recommend this combo for sure. You can pick a a Spire cooler on ebay for like 15 bucks. But for a 1400 if it comes with the stealth id just use that instead.
Buying a C7 just for its fan seems like a lot of trouble to go through, I'm curious if there's any standalone slim fans you can get to work for this, like maybe mount a slim fan right to the case mesh over the heatsink.

HansWursT619

Trash Compacter
Feb 22, 2016
The Noctua NF-A9x14 should work just fine. Or maybe one of the new NF-A12x15, mounted on the mesh?
The Cryorig fan itself is not the greatest anyways.

Last edited:
Reactions: JosephEK