Cooling Wraith Stealth height?

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Mar 12, 2017
That has to be wrong. Wraith max is 84mm and wraith spire is 54mm from what ive been able to dig up.

Karamazovmm

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 15, 2016
That has to be wrong. Wraith max is 84mm and wraith spire is 54mm from what ive been able to dig up.

those measurements that are published on AMD site and other sources don't take into account the fan, just the heatsink.

I was actually thinking around 80mm for the wraith spire, you brought great news when you measured it @Thehack ! Thanks! With your help we will have a more accurate model on the resource section now.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
those measurements that are published on AMD site and other sources don't take into account the fan, just the heatsink.

I was actually thinking around 80mm for the wraith spire, you brought great news when you measured it @Thehack ! Thanks! With your help we will have a more accurate model on the resource section now.

I did give some feedback in the model that's already there. It's pretty accurate as far as I can tell.

cadiguno

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 18, 2016
That's the only information I could find about the Wraith Stealth. If anybody here has the cooler to measure, please enlighten us :(

cadiguno

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 18, 2016

Looks like the Wraith Stealth is so stealthy even AMD's own CS doesn't know what it is.

Jin

Trash Compacter
Apr 27, 2017
The measurements are for the CPU chip. WOW.
From these information the wraith stealth (SR1) height is 60mm with the fan. Heatink is 46mm and fan is 16 mm. Length 109mm and width 103mm. Or 109x103x60 (Length x Width x Height). The wraith max must be HUGE.

Maybe they'll make a wraith super stealth (SR0) for Raven Ridge :( with a height of 50mm.

Jin

Trash Compacter
Apr 27, 2017
I've stumbled upon pictures of various barebone PCs that have cases lined with heatsink fins...

And I was wondering if there are any cases like this for enthusiasts to build in. I would love to have something like this, but instead all I found anything like this was a few months ago when Hardware Canucks reviewed a large passively cooled cube case with wasn't really "SFF".

It would be really nice to have a completely passive system via this and external PSU for an APU in a mITX motherboard. I've been patiently waiting for Ryzen APUs and IDK if such a passive cooling system could handle a 65W TDP APU, but the idea is just so desirable.

TLDR: Is there a ITX barebone PC case that doubles as a CPU cooling solution? If not: why not?

The wraith max only comes with OEM sales anyways. It's a full sized cooler, made the same OEM of cooler master.

I lied the stealth must be a bit wider? I'm not sure now :\.

AMD Wraith Stealth CPU cooler only compatible with DDR4 modules without heatsink(The depth of memory within 45-70mm can be installed, but it may touch the cooler.)
AMD Wraith Spire CPU cooler compatible with most DDR4 modules with heastink(86mm)
AMD Wraith Max CPU cooler only compatible with DDR4 modules without heatsink(The depth of memory within 45-70mm can be installed, but it may touch the cooler.)

Source: http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=878#specification