Worried with 11500 temps

markoall1

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Sep 2, 2021
Hi everyone!

I recently bought Dan Case A4 and overall I'm really happy with it.
However, I might have problems with temperature.
My setup is following:
- Intel i5 11500
- Black Ridge with default fan
- AsRock h570m-itx
- Adata SX8200 2TB M.2 SSD
- Crucial 2x8GB 2400 (I plan to upgrade later to 2x16, low profile if possible)
- MSI nVidia RTX 2060 Super Armor OC
- LED strip in bottom corner bellow gpu
- 2.5" HDD 750GB - an old drive that I just use ATM, will be removed after I buy another 2TB SSD

Here are the temperatures after running Prime95 for one hour:
CPU goes to even 85°C for now at max, but it might go even higher after few hours.
MBO temps are weird as well, but it might be that MBO doesn't have good sensors.
I didn't catch time to test GPU, but I noticed even in normal load tasks I get a temperature like 80°C, sometimes it looks like CPU Fan have some delay before it increases fan speed.
Also, I noticed the difference in temperature with open (maybe 3-4°C less) and closed case.
PS. I live in an area where is currently 20-30°C in the air.

I plan to buy Noctua fans, maybe replace the fan from the black ridge, put it below MBO, and place Noctua instead (on CPU). I also assembled the cooler twice as I was afraid I did something wrong in the first place, but it wasn't the case.

markoall1

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Sep 2, 2021
Just for an update, after two hours of running test. 85°C is still max temperature.
Also, I picked the first option in Prime for the test.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Yeah, fan should pull air in from the outside through the heatsink. But get a slim 92mm noctua first and do it with that, so you don't have to take apart the build 2 times.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Hi everyone!

I recently bought Dan Case A4 and overall I'm really happy with it.
However, I might have problems with temperature.
My setup is following:
- Intel i5 11500
- Black Ridge with default fan
- AsRock h570m-itx
- Adata SX8200 2TB M.2 SSD
- Crucial 2x8GB 2400 (I plan to upgrade later to 2x16, low profile if possible)
- MSI nVidia RTX 2060 Super Armor OC
- LED strip in bottom corner bellow gpu
- 2.5" HDD 750GB - an old drive that I just use ATM, will be removed after I buy another 2TB SSD

Here are the temperatures after running Prime95 for one hour:
CPU goes to even 85°C for now at max, but it might go even higher after few hours.
MBO temps are weird as well, but it might be that MBO doesn't have good sensors.
I didn't catch time to test GPU, but I noticed even in normal load tasks I get a temperature like 80°C, sometimes it looks like CPU Fan have some delay before it increases fan speed.
Also, I noticed the difference in temperature with open (maybe 3-4°C less) and closed case.
PS. I live in an area where is currently 20-30°C in the air.

I plan to buy Noctua fans, maybe replace the fan from the black ridge, put it below MBO, and place Noctua instead (on CPU). I also assembled the cooler twice as I was afraid I did something wrong in the first place, but it wasn't the case.

You can optimize a bit as Dan suggested, but 85C is an acceptable range for an SFF chip. Compared to when we tried to run 8700Ks, it’s actually quite good. I left my I7-8700 at over 90C for a month doing Folding At Home. It’s still going strong

Prime95 is a power virus. I do use it myself to push my system to the utter limit of stability, but it isn’t an accurate reflection of most users work load.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
After you fliped the CPU fan and you like to have still lower temps you can setup "Long Power Duration Limit" (sometimes it is named different in UEFI) and lower the max power of the CPU. This will work in the Software Intel XTU or UEFI. Your CPU has a TDP of 65W but with default UEFI configuration it can pull up to 120-140W. Find out more here: https://dan-cases.com/dana4_faq.html "How-to improve cooling performance"

Reactions: GuilleAcoustic