World Cup 2018

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Soon, Belgium's got to deal with France in a few hours and then clobber another country. It'll be over soon :D

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Vive La France! Je suis desolee Belquique...
It's make or break for England tomorrow, apparently
Me, I'm off kayaking for the evening, enjoying the summer weather and having a beach BBQ in the sun, not indoors watching the football :p

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
No problem, it wasn't my fault and I don't really care that much about soccer anyway. It would have been cool to see our tiny country score top notch on the trifecta (beer, "french" fries and soccer). But our team got farther than they ever did in recent, relatable history.

I, too, was rooting for Belgium yesterday. Although I admire his skill, there was some silly time-wasting stunt Mbappé pulled toward the end that made me a little upset. Usually I see good sportsmanship from him. Heck, I am an (Irish/Scottish) Canadian and Italian national, I have no dog in the race - and Italy didn't get to the track - so, I was, as a non-soccer (or foooooootball) fan, going full underdog.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
I hope Croatia makes history. So, 1:1 in regular 90-minutes and 2:1 the final score.

Go Croatia!

Reactions: bledha

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Thanks ! Apparently we did deserve the podium finish if we beat England, again. We'll soon know who is the world champion team.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com

It is over now :D

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Congrats to @GuilleAcoustic and all the other French SFF'ers for the victory of the French soccer team ! A well-deserved championship title !

Now I can get back to completely not care about soccer for 4 years, instead of this 2% level of interest.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
Not exactly 4 years. Though not as big as World Cup, football at Summer Olympics cuts the period down to 2 years.