two world wars and one world cup
*cough*

Reactions: owliwar

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
Russia 5 Saudi Arabia 0

Both are fairly weak teams. Russia played surprisingly good, IMHO. Saudi Arabia had nil offense and its defense was completely demolished. Maybe the 'home court advantage' contributed, but even so, I expected 1:0 or 2:1.

Reactions: VegetableStu

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017
Most users here are North Americans so it seems this doesn't really interest that many people :)

I'm from Portugal and obviously I would like for us to go far and win the whole thing, but (once again...) I'm really conflicted because I hate how we play under our clueless coach. I actually do think we only won the Euro Cup due to luck, but hey, we've had a lucky draw and a lucky win so far, so who knows if it happens again...

Reactions: TheHig

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
I’ve been watching more and more after regaining interest in adulthood. I played 7 years as a kid to late teens back when it was the sport for kids who can’t play baseball basketball or American football. Lol.

Soccer is picking up steam here in the US though.

Here in Cincinnati OH our minor league team is moving up to MLS!
https://www.fccincinnati.com/

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
Most users here are North Americans so it seems this doesn't really interest that many people :)

I'm from Portugal and obviously I would like for us to go far and win the whole thing, but (once again...) I'm really conflicted because I hate how we play under our clueless coach. I actually do think we only won the Euro Cup due to luck, but hey, we've had a lucky draw and a lucky win so far, so who knows if it happens again...
Hmmm...my impression is that this forum consists of more international diversity. I can recall people (members and moderators) from Singapore, New Zealand, Belgium, China and a bunch from the UK. And, soccer is big in the UK.
I am from China. Even though our team does not make it to Russia, I am a fan of the sport and am happy to see good soccer play from every team regardless of origin.

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
well... I was holding my self to post here but most of you know where I came fromXD
fun fact: during Brazil game the whole country just stop. Almost no one work or have a TV at work to watch the games.

The good thing for us is that in our timezone the games are all morning to afternoon so we can possible watch all games.
Brazil last friday was pretty much this meme:

"I'm ready for the morning games"
(this is a beer can)

we are having a rough start and last unspoken Germany match still resonates heavily in our minds but well, I'll watch all games I can!
and I don't even like sports that much, but everywhere I look its yellow and green and the world cup is growing exponentially in me haha

edit:
Brazilians in twitter right now are so over the top. I wasn't there last world cup and I'm enjoying this one so much more. I restrain myself on meme shit posting here but oh boy, I'm definitely enjoying it

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
Is really wholesome watching panama getting so happy for their first goal in a world cup :) its really an achievement for them

Reactions: 10410039

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
*cries in Brazil football language*

well, at least I got England to cheer to

no more leaving earlier from work because of games :/

Reactions: tinyitx

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
Frankly, I was hoping for Brazil to win all the way.
Well, now I will cheer for Russia the underdog.

Reactions: owliwar

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016

oh you imgur

Reactions: tinyitx and owliwar

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I'm sad that Japan lost to Belgium (sorry @Phuncz)
No problem, the Belgian team is coming for the French team soon :D

I also like the benefit of the quiet roads during a soccer match, although just before a match is insane. People driving like they are being hunted down, taking needless risks for 10 seconds of time saved.

Reactions: VegetableStu

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
...People driving like they are being hunted down, taking needless risks for 10 seconds of time saved....
Perhaps their enthusiasm for football is just like ours for (SFF) computer parts.
Imagine, a limited stock of Ncase M1 is on sale in a local store and you know a bunch of people is already on their way there and probably many of us will drive a little insanely to try to get there first...lol