SFF.NETWORK memebers confidence survey - 7 month after the COVID-19 outbreak

Are you planning to buy new PC components within the next three month? Why?

• Yes, I can't wait to spend money to buy new PC stuff

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No, I am waiting for the launch of new components

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No, I am worried about the upcoming economic crisis

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • No, summer is coming and I'll safe my money for the holidays

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I have enough stuff for a while

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
In the past few weeks I observed that several OEM factories manufacturing for the "Big Players" in the Computer industry are incredibly calm for this time of the year. Many smaller companies manufacturing cheap consumer electronics have already closed completely.

COVID-19 clearly messed up our world, but how exactly does it affect our community members? During the lock-down I had the feeling that people were building new rigs like crazy but now it seems most people start saving their money.

Are you worried we are seeing another financial/economic crisis like 2008/2009? Or do you think everything is just fine and the world will recover soon from COVID-19 and its ramifications?

THUMPer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 5, 2020
Kinda waiting for new stuff. Kinda want to buy now, but I don't need to buy. I want an sff rig for LAN parties, but no LANs right now. haha

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
I'd vote for "No, I am worried about the upcoming economic crisis", but i'm literally waiting on one last part before i stop (which is the CX2 ,_,)

spiral

Trash Compacter
Jun 18, 2020
Just ordered new stuff, but all in the lower end. Not going all out like i used to, it's a mix between buying the performance i need now and being a bit more careful with spending. The world will recover, it's more the question if it will take 6 months or 2 years.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I'm missing: "No, I don't need new components for a while". So I chose "No, I am waiting for the launch of new components" :)

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
About 2 months ago after receiving my stimulus check and the Federal Assistance I was getting with my unemployment I was feeling pretty flush and splurged on a $700 graphics card. Since that time I have started to become concerned about the future of our economy and I am trying to be pretty frugal and bank everything I can.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
My answer is a combination of the 1st and 2nd one. Now that Z490 motherboards and Intel 10th gen CPUs are being released, I now await Nvidia 3000 series cards (supposedly to come out in Sept).
Actually, this new system is for a buddy of mine. He is not saving the relief money received from the government, which urges us to spend the money to stimulate the economy.

Judging from the huge response to the coming T1 case pouring into this forum, I would say majority of the members here are still buying new components.