Stalled Winter One -- 15.6L SFF case, 3090 Support, 3-slot GPUs, dual 280mm radiators, CFD Optimized Design

Orange-Ghost

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 11, 2020
Congratulations WinterCharm, looks like the Kickstater will be fully funded anytime now.

As the silver option looks like it won't happen, will it be available in the future?

I would be willing to back another case if we're close to the 300 mark. I could then make my own two tone beta tester special ?.

Reactions: WinterCharm

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
@WinterCharm are you going to lower the cost of the case? Currently it's the most expensive one on the market

The quality of the materials, specially it being machined aluminium, you are not going to find a SFF case with 2x280 rads with a lower price, at least right now. Ghost is close to 400$ (conversion from UK pounds), as soon as you add 2 top hats, and let me tell you, top hat is good in intention, but the reality of it is that it doesn't feel solid enough. As a side note, I had it with 2 240mm rads and I sold it at the beginning of the year. It looked great but, there is a lot of concerns regarding parts compatibility.

This one fitting 280mm, is more or less the same volume as the ghost with 2 top hats if my calculations didn't fail me. The extra depth on the CPU and GPU chamber will allow you to not care that much about which fittings do you need to use, even you can put a 1U ddc pump + reservoir here without a problem, and there is a bracket for it. I am just planning to soft tubing (ZMT) and putting some quick disconnects on the CPU and GPU, and if I need to change something, I won't need to create a huge mess trying to swap out parts.

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jan 19, 2019
Congratulations WinterCharm, looks like the Kickstater will be fully funded anytime now.

As the silver option looks like it won't happen, will it be available in the future?

I would be willing to back another case if we're close to the 300 mark. I could then make my own two tone beta tester special ?.

I've got some plans on how to accommodate people who want a silver case :) More on that will be announced in a bit. :)

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
I would have bought one but I kinda want a vertical case and I don't plan on building anytime soon so GF would kill me for having it lay around doing nothing in this small NY apartment lol. But excited for this nonetheless.

• Haha

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
@WinterCharm Can you confirm the length of the PCI-E riser cable for the final version. I know it is gen 3 but I will most likely need to buy a Gen4 one as CSM in some bioses will reset every single time you update your drivers, and that can be a really big pain.

mxj1

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
The last of the goodies I (hopefully) need for my hardline loop in the beta are arriving today. Black everything with white tubing ought to look pretty good. I'm not a great photographer, but I'll try my best
Mine is going to be all black with nickel plated metal tubes. I'm really excited about it. I placed my order for two 280 L-series rads yesterday.

I received my fittings that I will be using to make a manifold for draining and filling this week... And I've not seen anyone else use this method, but I should be able to run this setup with no impact to flow, and no reservoir.

Last edited:

mxj1

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
@WinterCharm are you going to lower the cost of the case? Currently it's the most expensive one on the market
I would agree that it's one of the most expensive cases available, but it's also got no direct competitors. Essentially this case had raised the bar in terms of cooling for all other itx cases.

... And I'm thinking that the quality is going to be top notch.

Neptimus7

Caliper Novice
Mar 16, 2020
We're two backers away lol.

I just double-checked the dimensions of the case... it's WAY smaller than the photos/renders make it look. GJ to WinterCharm! Can't wait to build in it.

• Love

sarif

Efficiency Noob
Oct 4, 2020
For Fun, From Yesterday -- Adventures in Product Photography -- the "Oh god deadline is in a few hours" hastily thrown together setup.

Now, back to waiting. :3

One of the pictures Winter posted earlier gives a good idea of the scale.

Really excited that the goal is almost met!

hwytodangerzone

Caliper Novice
Oct 15, 2020
Mine is going to be all black with nickel plated metal tubes. I'm really excited about it. I placed my order for two 280 L-series rads yesterday.

I received my fittings that I will be using to make a manifold for draining and filling this week... And I've not seen anyone else use this method, but I should be able to run this setup with no impact to flow, and no reservoir.

Oooh, what manifold are you using?