Stalled Winter One -- 15.6L SFF case, 3090 Support, 3-slot GPUs, dual 280mm radiators, CFD Optimized Design

smalltownboi

Caliper Novice
Oct 2, 2020
curious as to why OT has refused to pickup the winterone for review. He could have single handedly steered many sff entusiasts towards the winter one.!

Could it be that he wants to wait until at least a batch has been dispatched? looking at the other case he reviewed that was on a kickstarter.

Last edited:
Reactions: WinterCharm

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
curious as to why OT has refused to pickup the winterone for review. He could have single handedly steered many sff entusiasts towards the winter one.!

Could it be that he wants to wait until at least a batch has been dispatched? looking at the other case he reviewed that was on a kickstarter.

I think @Nouvolo had previously said that OT now tries to avoid reviewing products before they are released.

mxj1

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
I think at this point, it's probably best that no reviews are published on the beta cases.

Strategically, I think waiting for a production case to show is much better... And something can be done about the photography.

• Love

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Im
I think at this point, it's probably best that no reviews are published on the beta cases.

Strategically, I think waiting for a production case to show is much better... And something can be done about the photography.

I'm looking up stainless steel 12/10 tubing on aliexpress in the sale as we speak. Going to hardline the hell out of my two 280's that have already been ordered.

Ilyu

Trash Compacter
Nov 6, 2019
btw, anyone planning on using custom cables and has put in some thought on length yet? I guess when I go all the way, might aswell get some nice cables and get rid of that 12-pin adapter :D

gelbetron

Caliper Novice
Sep 18, 2020

Im

I'm looking up stainless steel 12/10 tubing on aliexpress in the sale as we speak. Going to hardline the hell out of my two 280's that have already been ordered.

The last of the goodies I (hopefully) need for my hardline loop in the beta are arriving today. Black everything with white tubing ought to look pretty good. I'm not a great photographer, but I'll try my best

• Love

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
@WinterCharm post KS closure will you have an indiegogo or similar system for others who want to order? Especially since more will want to order following final review unit videos going live.

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jan 19, 2019
@WinterCharm are you going to lower the cost of the case? Currently it's the most expensive one on the market

No. It's currently the most capable case in terms of cooling / volume. Also, what you'll save in fittings will easily make up some of the price difference. (560mm radiator space in 15.6L)

A ghost S1 + 2 tophats is 379. Winter One has more radiator space, and far better cooling, and holds 3-slot GPUs and is going for $339 right now. I've said this before, multiple times, but properly doing CFD gives you almost magical results in terms of cooling and noise, but it is not cheap.