Stalled Winter One -- 15.6L SFF case, 3090 Support, 3-slot GPUs, dual 280mm radiators, CFD Optimized Design

Nomad

Chassis Packer
Mar 2, 2017
I'mma back another case once I get off work, I know others might find that crazy but luckily I'm doing well enough financially to allow that.
I'm waiting and watching. If it comes down to it, I'm also prepared to back another case.

I figure once these get out on the wild, there will be more desire and I shouldn't have trouble selling it.

I just updated my pledge for two cases as well. I was already planning to build a new computer, why not upgrade the old one at the same time?

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020
Backed. It looks like I'm not going to be able to get a 5900X or 3080 here in Aus for a while, so decided to grab the case instead. It'll stay nicely packed away until the SPK is released.

Um, how do we get our address to you?

• Love
Reactions: WinterCharm

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
So, is the HWL GTS 280 recommended? According to the dimensions, it is 312mm x 153mm x 29.6mm, which barely fits.
Is it the best slim 280mm radiator? Or is another one better?

• Love

Mikecom32

Chassis Packer
Oct 27, 2020
So, is the HWL GTS 280 recommended? According to the dimensions, it is 312mm x 153mm x 29.6mm, which barely fits.

If I recall, the case was designed with the HWL GTS 280 + Noctua NF-A14 in mind. I haven't seen another slim 280mm rad that beats the GTS 280, but they could be out there.

For anyone looking at these rads, keep in mind the xflow version of that rad (one port on each end) is longer and does not fit.

FreeZe

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 18, 2020
Hi @WinterCharm ! First of all congrats on the project! I would have loved to build in this case but unfortunately can't justify spending that amount of money in a case. I mean, it's probably worth it but price + import fees/customs will be too much for me for sure.

The time you spent working on this project really translate into a desirable object with such a great attention to detail. You've adressed concerns about parts compatibility, your work was documented, communication was clear, your website is great, everything was pretty much top notch, it's a little bit sad that the photos don't measure up to the rest of the project. It's the first thing that people will see and it kind of wipes out all the work done beforehand.
As a product photographer, this is the only downside of this project I can think of, price would be second but can be justified by the material used, craftmanship etc.
Imho if you manage to adress this issue you're ?.

I would love to help you on the photography but being from Europe makes it a bit difficult. I wish you a lot of success on Winter One ! Keep it up !

• Love

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jan 19, 2019
Hi @WinterCharm ! First of all congrats on the project! I would have loved to build in this case but unfortunately can't justify spending that amount of money in a case. I mean, it's probably worth it but price + import fees/customs will be too much for me for sure.

The time you spent working on this project really translate into a desirable object with such a great attention to detail. You've adressed concerns about parts compatibility, your work was documented, communication was clear, your website is great, everything was pretty much top notch, it's a little bit sad that the photos don't measure up to the rest of the project. It's the first thing that people will see and it kind of wipes out all the work done beforehand.
As a product photographer, this is the only downside of this project I can think of, price would be second but can be justified by the material used, craftmanship etc.
Imho if you manage to adress this issue you're ?.

I would love to help you on the photography but being from Europe makes it a bit difficult. I wish you a lot of success on Winter One ! Keep it up !

I realize I need to do a much better job with the product photography. It's one area that quite a few people have told me I should fix.

Reactions: DrHudacris

carlover670

Average Stuffer
Oct 22, 2020
Guys, we're at $62,000

O_O

Someone wanted 30 of them to outfit their office... I don't even... WHAT ON EARTH!?
I thought Linus released the video but this is even better! This means that when LTT releases the video it’s going to probably reach the stretch goal!!! Silver Winter One here I come!

• Love

mxj1

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
If I recall, the case was designed with the HWL GTS 280 + Noctua NF-A14 in mind. I haven't seen another slim 280mm rad that beats the GTS 280, but they could be out there.

For anyone looking at these rads, keep in mind the xflow version of that rad (one port on each end) is longer and does not fit.

The gts is the best choice, but they're oos right now.

There's still a few of the l series rads in stock at PPCs... These are the next best thing.

*You can also get primered gts280s at PPCs

Qzrx

Buried under radiators
Dec 29, 2019
*You can also get primered gts280s at PPCs

In case anyone is concerned about the primer-coated 280GTS radiators, I have a pair and can confirm that they’re basically just white versions of the standard 280GTS. And the fins are unpainted to boot, which means _technically_ the cooling capacity is ever so narrowly (seriously, probably immeasurably so) better!