Stalled Winter One -- 15.6L SFF case, 3090 Support, 3-slot GPUs, dual 280mm radiators, CFD Optimized Design

jupiterking

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 23, 2020
I'd recommend either NF-A14's (100% sure will fit) or NF-A12x25's with the SFMA1 adapter (90% sure will fit, should run quieter). Arctic's 27mm P14 fans should fit, but will be tight.
Wait, do the A12s need that adaptor? I thought the case count mount both 140/120?

edit: ignore that all I see you’re talking about a radiator

carlover670

Average Stuffer
Oct 22, 2020
Okay everyone. The plan to get this project a lot more exposure is now underway. PCMR Moderators have let me know that I can run a contest in the subreddit!

This is the post. All of you may enter, provided you have a reddit account (had to follow the rules of the subreddit). This is one of the best ways to give the project exposure to a huge community of PC building enthusiasts!

---------

Edit:

WE HAVE MOVEMENT :D

6 new orders on the kickstarter! <3

Here we goooooo. :)
As one might say: One is none, two is one

• Love
Reactions: WinterCharm

efegue

Average Stuffer
Sep 19, 2018
I'd recommend either NF-A14's (100% sure will fit) or NF-A12x25's with the SFMA1 adapter (90% sure will fit, should run quieter). Arctic's 27mm P14 fans should fit, but will be tight.

I got some a12x25 with the sfma adapter, I'll check the height.

Reactions: Koxx5D

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jan 19, 2019
@WinterCharm from a noise perspective, if you want a full exhaust configuration, would you recommend to put all fans puling air from the radiators or putting the fans pushing air through them?

Push or pull makes little difference when it comes to radiator performance, although it has been shown (repeatably) that pull is ever so slightly (like 1-2%) better than push for lower fin density, purely from a performance standpoint. However, If you have high FPI fins, push makes more sense.

In terms of airflow in the case, pull a bit better on both radiators, as it flings the hot exhaust air further away, cutting down on recirculation.

Nice to see some Kickstarter movement. Final stretch!

If LTT doesn't release the video soon this will probably happen...

Projections from backer kit are typically based off previous data, which for winter one was unfortunately flat. I expect we'll see some change soon, as some of the other marketing initiatives are kicking into place today and tomorrow. These types of predictions can be inaccurate - it really does depend on many many external factors.

Reactions: jupiterking

Ne1nLives

Cable Smoosher
Aug 30, 2020
I am curious about the silver color. Does it have a higher production cost?

From what I’ve seen I think most people prefer the silver, but maybe I’m wrong?

mxj1

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
I'm looking into the possibility of funding a bit of it myself. If you saw my previous post, that may or may not work out. If it does not, we will look at re-launching.

Would you be able to link a store front to your site? I think once some of these production cases get into the wild, on the right scenarios, the could generate a good amount of interest.

And, worse case scenario, if this gets relaunched, can we get the same discount we qualified for on the next go round?

On a side note, I haven't been this excited about a computer product in quite some time...

Reactions: Koxx5D

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
OP should update the first post stating that the Kickstarter has begun and share the link there... I had to read into several pages to realize that it was occuring. Youtube exposure would've been good; maybe could have sent a prototype to Optimum Tech...
He wouldn't respond when contacted so...

• Sad
Reactions: DrHudacris

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jan 19, 2019
OP should update the first post stating that the Kickstarter has begun and share the link there... I had to read into several pages to realize that it was occuring.

Oh my god. I looked at my checklist and it was checked off.

I ... I am so embarrassed right now I don't even know what to say. ?

Edit: it has been fixed. I'll be taking a 15 minute break to curl up into a ball in the corner of this room, and die of shame. Then, I'll be back to answer more questions. ?

Last edited: